JACKS BASH 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JACKS BASH 2?

To have something different may as well have AC/DC. Brookings would never be the same. But it would be crazy! I don't know if there would be a stadium left either.

Comment

As for Jimmy Buffett, he did play at the old Townhouse restaurant. That was a short lived deal as he was fired for giving away free tequila to customers. That was according to Dave Dotson, former Brookings resident who died less than a month ago. The Jimmy Buffett connection was mentioned in his obituary. Dave worked in the kitchen back then. By the way, Buffett said in his book that he left town because he was frightened by a tornado that went through town. Nobody seems to remember that but Buffett. Maybe too much tequila ... Sheila.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        As for Jimmy Buffett, he did play at the old Townhouse restaurant. That was a short lived deal as he was fired for giving away free tequila to customers. That was according to Dave Dotson, former Brookings resident who died less than a month ago. The Jimmy Buffett connection was mentioned in his obituary. Dave worked in the kitchen back then. By the way, Buffett said in his book that he left town because he was frightened by a tornado that went through town. Nobody seems to remember that but Buffett. Maybe too much tequila ... Sheila.
        I did not know Dave Dotson, he was a few years younger than I, but do recall his father advertising a great deal on KBRK. I read his obituary a few days back, but had not noticed the Jimmy Buffet comment, so here it is from Rude's funeral home site:

Oh, and, he claimed to have once prepared a meal for Jimmy Buffett. Family and friends can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

Comment

Metallica!
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Mumford would be a solid choice. College kids would recognize and enjoy and they aren't "that big" yet so getting them would be possible. No idea how all that stuff works but I'd vote for Mumford if I had to choose just one.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Mumford would be a solid choice. College kids would recognize and enjoy and they aren't "that big" yet so getting them would be possible. No idea how all that stuff works but I'd vote for Mumford if I had to choose just one.
              I like mumford, I just don't think it would fill a stadium around here. My personal vote would be foo fighters, but that's probably too big of a show for the Dana. It would almost have to be a country act to be able to appeal to the students and a wide enough range of people. Sad, but it's part of living here. Pearl Jam would also be good, but I don't see the students buying into it. They would probably want something like Drake, which would probably be too big as well. Missed an opportunity this year to get Drake and have him perform before the game against Drake.

Comment

Bruce Springsteen... if he can play at the Fargodome (twice), why not the Dana?
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Unfortunately, it will probably be country though.
                  Make no mistake....it would be country again......
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Zac Brown band and someone like Darius Rucker would probably be pretty well attended.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Zac Brown band and someone like Darius Rucker would probably be pretty well attended.
                      I'd get on board with this...ZBB was one of the acts I thought of that would work. I'd lean towards some of the non-country acts mentioned, but I don't think there is anyway they draw the crowd we saw last week.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Anyone hear anything on there being a Jacks Bash 2?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan2011 View Post
                          Anyone hear anything on there being a Jacks Bash 2?
                          No Jacks Bash this coming season, at least not at the level of last year. Don't know the whys or wherefores. The issue came up at a Q & A with Coach Johnston in Sioux Falls. He also said that last year's Bash was a plus for recruiting.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Just watched "Britain 's got talent" clips on you tube after watching a Jacks video....there are some amazing singers out there with incredible voices.Would be nice to "book" one or two.....i vote for the "Jacks bash" to become an anual event, as I'm in a musical mood.

Comment

Part of the reason is likely because the opening game is scheduled for Thursday night, as it falls during Labor Day weekend. Also, having it every other year keeps it a "special" event, which will help to continue to draw big crowds.

Comment

Off year: Binnewies Bash, Johnny Holm @ Pioneer Park
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X