X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Take it for what it is worth in Regards to Joe Hanstad:
    http://twitter.com/monkebusiness

Hanstad turned down offers from NDSU, SDSU, Colorado State, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Kansas among others.

Joe Hanstad said turning down SDSU may have been the most difficult part of his verbal to Boise State.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
      Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
      Weight 185 lb. (84 kg)
      We all know one to two inches are added to literal height. A D1 athlete I met from an out of state school told me their school measured the athletes with their shoes on for height. If Ben is 5'11", then I'm 6'4".

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
        We all know one to two inches are added to literal height. A D1 athlete I met from an out of state school told me their school measured the athletes with their shoes on for height. If Ben is 5'11", then I'm 6'4".
        I am anywhere from 6' to 6'3" depending on which convience store im leaving.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
          They play the games wearing shoes so why does it matter? Besides, basketball shoe soles are not two inches thick. The guy is 5'11''. If anything, he is a shade under. Not that this discussion has any relevence to this thread anyway...

Comment

I always thought measuring from feet to the top of outstretched arms was a more important measurement than to the top of the head. If one guy is 2 inches shorter but has longer arms, it doesn't matter. You don't block or shoot with your head...
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Generally the players report their own height.... at least where I've seen it. Some go what they actually are, some go a little higher, I know of one guy who was bout 5-10 said he was 5-4 just as a joke.....

Comment

Talk over on some boards in Minnesota saying that Winona High School big man Alec Brown is headed to UW-Green Bay. I know his name has been discussed on this board before with SDSU possibly in the running for him.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/for...d=1438&style=2

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  Talk over on some boards in Minnesota saying that Winona High School big man Alec Brown is headed to UW-Green Bay. I know his name has been discussed on this board before with SDSU possibly in the running for him.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/for...d=1438&style=2
                  That's too bad, but not unexpected. After following recent reports, I didn't get my hopes up too high that he'd become a Jack.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

It is too bad, but you can't blame him. UWGB has built a very nice program, plays in a nice arena and in a better conference.

Comment

Looks like we can take JUCO Steven Baker off the list as well. He has listed SDSU as having interest but, like Brown, has committed to Green Bay.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n-Baker-107927

Comment

Walk on

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...&story_id=8225

6' 3" Brookings Register Player of the year Ryan McCutcheon

Last edited by LakeJack; 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                          Walk on

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...&story_id=8225

6' 3" Brookings Register Player of the year Ryan McCutcheon

Can't really lose with a walk on, so he is a welcome addition to the team. I wish him luck and I think he chose a good time to walk on due to amount of players leaving (and the high possibility SDSU won't be filling all 4 open scholarships).
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Can't really lose with a walk on, so he is a welcome addition to the team. I wish him luck and I think he chose a good time to walk on due to amount of players leaving (and the high possibility SDSU won't be filling all 4 open scholarships).

You sure can't WIN with them! This is just not a good sign! So how many walk-ons are currently on the team! There are better players than this guy going to Mount Marty, DSU, DORDT! This just makes us look desperate for bodies! What a Joke! Brookings Register Player of the Year! ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                              You sure can't WIN with them! This is just not a good sign! So how many walk-ons are currently on the team! There are better players than this guy going to Mount Marty, DSU, DORDT! This just makes us look desperate for bodies! What a Joke! Brookings Register Player of the Year! ROFLMAO
                              Before you roll on the floor laughing your ass off, would you please list the better guys going to Mount Marty, DSU and Dordt? I for one want to know their names.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                                Every D-I Men's team in the nation has a least 2 walk ons and most have more. You are only allowed 13 scholarships and you can't split them.

Comment

Working...
                                X