Clear All

Re: Football Difference Maker's Club

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    No, there isn't.
    BARNACLES!

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      Are they still holding a meeting in Sioux Falls?
      This club started out with a SF meeting and a Brookings meeting. I know Mike Daly attended the SF meeting, but the attendance dropped off and they stopped having that meeting I believe. If you are interested in getting it going again, then as Jack#1 suggested, you should contact Kadero Watson, a very nice young man. who is in charge of football operations and particularily the Difference Makers group. To belong you have to make a minimum donation of $500. If you are under 30 I believe its 300 dollars.
      Stig often looses me with the x's and o's, but I get the satisfaction in helping the football program financially and in a direct manner. That's why I make my donation every year for about 4 years now. No regrets.
      Last edited by Nidaros; 12-10-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        This club started out with a SF meeting and a Brookings meeting. I know Mike Daly attended the SF meeting, but the attendance dropped off and they stopped having that meeting I believe. If you are interested in getting it going again, then as Jack#1 suggested, you should contact Kadero Watson, a very nice young buy, who is in charge of football operations and particularily the Difference Makers group. To belong you have to make a minimum donation of $500. If you are under 30 I believe its 300 dollars.
        Stig often looses me with the x's and o's, but I get the satisfaction in helping the football program financially and in a direct manner. That's why I make my donation every year for about 4 years now. No regrets.
        Is there any perk for someone like myself who is out of the area to join? Obviously I wouldn't be able to attend any meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Is there any perk for someone like myself who is out of the area to join? Obviously I wouldn't be able to attend any meetings.

Other than getting some sort of pullover wrap, probably not. Its just my way of telling the NDSU Team Makers, TAKE THAT. There has to be a way to make the info available to those out of the area you would think, but maybe not. Also there is free pizza served by Papa John's and they serve Subway's but that be kind of hard to take part in the goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Other than getting some sort of pullover wrap, probably not. Its just my way of telling the NDSU Team Makers, TAKE THAT. There has to be a way to make the info available to those out of the area you would think, but maybe not. Also there is free pizza served by Papa John's and they serve Subway's but that be kind of hard to take part in the goodies.
            T

At tailgating Sat. someone had mentioned that Team-Makers is only $100 to join. could that have something to do with the # of active participants in the DM's at SDXX vs NDXX's TM's?

Perhaps a NDXX fan could weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              T

At tailgating Sat. someone had mentioned that Team-Makers is only $100 to join. could that have something to do with the # of active participants in the DM's at SDXX vs NDXX's TM's?

Perhaps a NDXX fan could weigh in.
              For only 100 dollars you can become a member of the Jackrabbit club, which is the same as team makers. Difference Makers is for football only, we are making up for certain things such as the salary for one of the assistant coaches. In fact the team makers has not been around as long as the Jackrabbit Club, and the reason is that in the President at NDSU prior to 1963 did not believe in begging for money from downtown merchants. As I said somewhere else this attitude helped Ralph Ginn win more NCC champs than anything else. I don't know what this guy was thinking but he was not thinking. Team makers is larger in fund raising because they have more people who want to give and a larger business community. That's why Carr who did the report for going D1 suggested playing games in SF in order to increase the fan base and the fund raising. This suggestion is working to a certain degree. I think we are improving but got a ways to catch up and match the team makers in fund raising.

I suspect the concept of the Difference Makers came from one of those same studies. To make it worth while the minimum is a step up from the Jackrabbit Club.

Comment

Working...
              X