Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Football Difference Maker's Club

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    $300 is the minimum a person can join the Difference Makers for. I'll join if I can get a buddy or two to join and go w/ me.
    For those 30 and younger it's $300. Anyone else, the minumum is $500.
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
      For those 30 and younger it's $300. Anyone else, the minumum is $500.
      You can join the Jackrabbit Club for as little as $10, the more you can give the more rewards you receive.

This is not the Jackrabbit Club and the structure is much different. It is designed to attract donors interested more specifically in FB, someone that has dispensable income that gives to causes they are interested in or passionate about. In return for said donation, you get a tax break and a list of rewards. I see no harm in the attempt.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        You can join the Jackrabbit Club for as little as $10, the more you can give the more rewards you receive.

This is not the Jackrabbit Club and the structure is much different. It is designed to attract donors interested more specifically in FB, someone that has dispensable income that gives to causes they are interested in or passionate about. In return for said donation, you get a tax break and a list of rewards. I see no harm in the attempt.
        how does the donation work? If u give 500.00 this year are u expected to give the same the next year or is it just a one time thing?

Comment

I see the paint the falls blue is on aug 25 having a picnic and a scrimmage. of course its a day I work 11-8 so will miss the fun. Oh well, its still exciting.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The membership fee for the MAD project (Make A Difference) is an annual membership fee, I'm sure. As was mentioned earlier, this is an attempt to get something similar to the NDSU Teammakers club going. The difference may be that this is a sport-specific group, while I think (but am not sure) that the Bison Teammakers group is an all-sport support group.It has been very successful for them and pumps in a LOT of money to NDSU athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
              how does the donation work? If u give 500.00 this year are u expected to give the same the next year or is it just a one time thing?
              Its an annual expectation and must not result in decreased giving to other athletic clubs. If you give $500 a year to the Jackrabbit club you can't just shift that to this club. In other words, your current level of giving must remain the same while you give additional support to the Difference Makers.

There are 4 levels. Under 30 can join for $300/yr. Over 30 and the groupings are $500-999, $1000-2,499, and $2,500 +. Each level comes with various perks including access to coaches, bus trips and hotel stays to away games, access to specific football information, clothing, banquet tickets, etc...

Here is a link to the brochure:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204973192
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I hope this goes over well. Maybe someday I will be there, but for now, it's just not worth $500 to me. Especially when I donate, get season bball and fball tix, buy the GoJacks streaming, SDSU gear (just bought 3 items from Scheels today), etc. I was debating the $300, even after friends said they were out. But when I realized it was $500 since I am over 30 I had to pass. I think a lower fee to start out that goes up 25% or so teach year is a better idea, IMO. Maybe basketball can start a similar group and do membership dues a different way, just to see if it works better.

Go STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                  I hope this goes over well. Maybe someday I will be there, but for now, it's just not worth $500 to me. Especially when I donate, get season bball and fball tix, buy the GoJacks streaming, SDSU gear (just bought 3 items from Scheels today), etc. I was debating the $300, even after friends said they were out. But when I realized it was $500 since I am over 30 I had to pass. I think a lower fee to start out that goes up 25% or so teach year is a better idea, IMO. Maybe basketball can start a similar group and do membership dues a different way, just to see if it works better.

Go STATE!
                  We really need to do as our pocket book and budgets tell us. You seem to be doing about as much as you can at this point. I had thought this club would not have a prize tag on it, but apparently it does. Five hundred bucks is a lot of money. I am over 30 so will have to give this some thought. I have several questions which I guess I will have to contact the person in charge of this for answers.

Comment

Dear Jackrabbit Football Fan,

I hope you received the email earlier about the Difference Maker’s Club. We are starting the club to be both more accessible to the fans and to address some of the needs within our program. Let me take this opportunity to clarify something. When you give to the Jackrabbit Club and designate that the donation go to football, it certainly does. However, our budget does not increase. Your donation simply becomes part of the dollars needed to run the program. On that note, we have the lowest budget in the Missouri Valley Football Conference. When you give to the Difference Maker’s Club, that money is in addition to our budget and truly allows us to make some much needed adjustments within the program. If you want to help our program in special areas, join the Difference Maker’s Club and we all win.

God Bless,

John Stiegelmeier

Head Football Coach

South Dakota State University

Thanks,

Tonya Hohenthaner

Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center Coordinator

Senior Secretary - Jackrabbit Football

Tonya.Hohenthaner@sdstate.edu

Office: (605) 688-6955

Fax: (605) 688-6916

Comment

Great to see Coach Stig try and get this off the ground. I'm looking forward to hopefully taking part. I like the proactive nature to this group forming to help out football.

Comment

Another e-mail from Coach Stig. If I lived closer to Brookings or Sioux Falls and I didn't work several nights of the week I'd certainly be able to take advantage of the membership perks. Perhaps some other perks should be considered, I don't know.

Dear SDSU Fan,

I am making one last push for what we feel as a football staff is a great way to reach out to those individuals really interested in Jackrabbit Football. I am pushing the Difference Maker’s Club. We modeled the Difference Maker’s Club after other “Quarterback Clubs” from programs such as Montana, Montana State and Texas State. Presently, the response has been very low. We are planning to stay the course and have the meetings in both Sioux Falls and Brookings. If you have interest in attending please see the attached brochure. If you have interest in joining please contact Tonya Hohenthaner at either Tonya.Hohenthaner@sdstate.edu or (605) 688-6955 so we can plan ahead. Your membership WILL Make a Difference in our program. Hope to see you!

Take Care,

John Stiegelmeier

Head Football Coach

Thanks,

Tonya Hohenthaner

Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center Coordinator

Senior Secretary - Jackrabbit Football

Tonya.Hohenthaner@sdstate.edu

Office: (605) 688-6955

Fax: (605) 688-6916

Comment

i got the email too. but i bought 2 season tickets, 6 nebraska tickets and 2 all tournament summit tickets. basketball tickets will be coming soon. i cant afford $500 more for this.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            i got the email too. but i bought 2 season tickets, 6 nebraska tickets and 2 all tournament summit tickets. basketball tickets will be coming soon. i cant afford $500 more for this.
                            Same here.

It's a good idea, but I'm tapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              Same here.

It's a good idea, but I'm tapped out.
                              I am in, and me a whiner? Well then I am not whining about it costing too much like some of you are here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                I am in, and me a whiner? Well then I am not whining about it ccosting too much like some of you are here.

whos whining, just telling it like it is. and by the sounds of the email, there are plenty of others who cant afford it(whining).

Comment

Working...
                                X