Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets Speculate

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I hate to say it, and I don't want to stray from the thread too much: But we need to start acting like our neighbors to the North, and the Montanas, and the UNI's and Richmonds and App States. The fans need to have that swagger, just like the team. We need to get off our arses and cheer at our sporting events, when we are down, not after we are securely up! We need to wear our blue with pride and downtalk some of the negativity and quit asking "what are our chances", we need to start asking "what are our opponents chances!"
    Our team has improved every year. They say the recruits have been better every year. So why think we will do worse or equal to last year?
    So like I said until the Timeclock rolls to zeroes and the score proves me wrong: I choose the Jacks to win every game no matter the sport.
    You couldnt be anymore right Cat rabbit.. We need to have way more swag about OUR team being able to beat anyone in the nation.. Even if our team is outmatched or currently down at the point.. we should still BELIEVE that they can beat anyone.. You may have doubts just like any other belief you may have.. but we still must believe.. then good things will happen.. programs dont just get good then people come.. People know the whole time.. its all about getting the respect you deserve eventually

Comment

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
      we should still BELIEVE that they can beat anyone..
      What does it matter what we the fans think? I yell as loud as the next guy at the games, but between games, and amongst ourselves, what difference does it make to the guys on the field what we think?

Please. Let's not go down the road traveled by so many superfans, and confuse ourselves with the players on the field.

The SDSU athletes should walk onto any field, onto any court, expecting to win. That's their -job-.

But for fans to walk into any and every contest expecting to win, loudly declaring the likelihood of victory, and so on and so forth......

Well, that's just obnoxious, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
        You couldnt be anymore right Cat rabbit.. We need to have way more swag about OUR team being able to beat anyone in the nation.. Even if our team is outmatched or currently down at the point.. we should still BELIEVE that they can beat anyone.. You may have doubts just like any other belief you may have.. but we still must believe.. then good things will happen.. programs dont just get good then people come.. People know the whole time.. its all about getting the respect you deserve eventually
        Well, since a fan's belief we will win and the team actually winning have almost nothing to do with one another I'll state some facts that should factor in too any predictions.

Delaware is a tough win on the road.

We play 3 of the best conference programs (historically) on the road. We haven't fared well at any of those 3 venues in the past (yes the past is important).

YSU, Ill. St., and MSU will be improved (maybe much improved) as compared to the last several years.

There are many questions about our team that our yet unanswered.

I think we could finish on top of the conference. I expect a playoff appearance. We might not finish in the top half of the conference. I'm okay with any of those results if our coaches and players give their best each and every day.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I figure SDSU should make the playoffs.

I think they're good enough so that, regardless of the home/road balance of this year's schedule, they're a top 20 team.

Also, I think opposing fans should be at least as worried about their team playing SDSU as SDSU fans are worried about playing their teams. With Nebraska being an exception, if for no other reason than the irrationality of your typical Nebraska fan .

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I figure SDSU should make the playoffs.

I think they're good enough so that, regardless of the home/road balance of this year's schedule, they're a top 20 team.

Also, I think opposing fans should be at least as worried about their team playing SDSU as SDSU fans are worried about playing their teams. With Nebraska being an exception, if for no other reason than the irrationality of your typical Nebraska fan .
            I have to spread it around, or you would get more rep points from me for this one!
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
              My take:

1. Southern Illinois
              2. SDSU
              3. Illinois St
              4. Missouri St
              5. UNI
              6. NDSU
              7. Youngstown St
              8. Indiana St
              9. Western Illinois

SIU & SDSU into the playoffs - Ill St on the bubble
              I see it rather similar.

1. Southern Illinois
              2. SDSU
              3. Illinois St
              4. UNI
              5. NDSU
              6. YSU
              7. MSU
              8. Indiana St
              9. Western Illinois
              And I say that SIU, SDSU, ISU, and borderline UNI in the playoffs with the expanded playoffs. Only reason I have SIU above us is them being the champs and their coach having our number the past couple years.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I would tend to agree that YSU will likely lose to SDSU up there in South Dakota this year. Although we will be drastically improved, I just do not see us winning there this season.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                  I would tend to agree that YSU will likely lose to SDSU up there in South Dakota this year. Although we will be drastically improved, I just do not see us winning there this season.
                  Your guys' offense going to be much different with the new coach? I thought your defense was pretty stout last year but YSU's offense left a lot to be desired.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm not sure how many of you participate on the AGS site, but I posted this over there a couple days ago. It gives a pretty good indication of who each team lost and has coming back. This should help with the prognosticating.

Southern Illinois
                    Key Departures: (RB) D. Karim, (TE) R. Kernes, (P) S. Ravanesi, (DL) C. Arthurs, (LB) B. Jordan, (LB) K. Walker, (LB) C. Mixon, (DB) M. Rodgers
                    Key Returners: (QB) C. Dieker, (QB) P. McIntosh, (WR) J. Allaria, (OL) D. Pickard, (OL) B. Boemer, (FB) J. Goode, (K) K. Dougherty, (DB) M. McElroy, (DB) K. Lindsey, (DL) K. Russo

South Dakota State
                    Key Departures: (OL) C. Knipps, (OL) C. Bender, (WR) G. Fox, (WR) M. Steffen, (DL) D. Batten, (LB) C. Johnson, (LB) J. Rogers
                    Key Returners: (RB) K. Minett, (QB) T. O’Brien, (OL) R. McKnight, (TE) C. Cochart, (LB) D. Domino, (DB) C. Kjerstad, (DB) C. Brodie

Northern Iowa
                    Key Departures: (QB) P. Grace, (RB) D. Law, (OL) A. Steichen, (OL) A. Howard, (WR) D. Eyman, (WR) D. Hord, (LB) J. Mahoney, (LB) E. Hodge, (DL) C. Kinney, (DL) J. Ruffin, (DL) W. Lane, (DB) Q. Scott
                    Key Returners: (RB) C. Anderson, (FB) R. Mahaffey, (TE) S. Oordt, (K) B. Hallgren, (WR/KR) J. Herring, (LB) J. Thompson, (LB) L. Fort

Illinois State
                    Key Departures: (RB) G. Blow, (WR) E. Salem, (K) Z. Kutch, (DL) D. Phelps, (DB) C. Garrett
                    Key Returners: (QB) M. Brown, (RB) C. Gordon, (OL) N. Bledsoe, (WR) T. Walker, (DL) E. Brunner, (DB) K. Hemphill, (LB) E. Jones

Missouri State
                    Key Departures: (TE) C. Harbor, (K) M. Hottelman
                    Key Returners: (QB) K. Cody, (OL) D. Arkin, (LB) A. Wilkinson, (DB) S. Smith, (LB) A. Beauchamp, (Def) D. Miller, (Def.) M. Keck, (DL) W. Richardet, (P) J. Chiles

North Dakota State
                    Key Departures: (RB) P. Paschall, (QB) N, Mertens, (OL) K. Buckman, (OL) R. Foster, (KR) S. Washington, (DB) R. Bowman
                    Key Returners: (OL) A. Richard, (LB) P. Evans, (DL) C. Boyer, (DL) M. Gratzek

Youngstown State
                    Key Departures: (QB) B. Summers, (RB) K.Smith, (WR) D. Jones, (DL) M. Savage, (P) B. Nowicki, (DB) L. Wicks
                    Key Returners: (WR) D. Barnes, (OL) E. Rodemover, (LB) T. Hill, (DB) Andre Elliott

Western Illinois
                    Key Departures: (RB) D. Gibbs, (LB) B. Dudczak, (DB) P. Stoudamire
                    Key Returners: (QB) W. Lunt, (WR) L. Senatus, (KR) T. Speight, (LB) K. Glazier, (DL) B. Kreczmer

Indiana State
                    Key Departures: (DB) D. McCleskey
                    Key Returners: (LB) A. Archie, (DB) A. Sewall, (LB) J. Washington, (QB) R. Roberts, (DL) R. Hardy, (KR) D. Gates

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Your guys' offense going to be much different with the new coach? I thought your defense was pretty stout last year but YSU's offense left a lot to be desired.
                      Although the intentions are to run out of the spread, our QB personnel may prevent that from happening. The Spring Game saw a lot of stuff out of the I-Formation which is fine with me considering that is what YSU is known for: smashmouth football.

Expect us to run the ball behind power back (240 lbs) Torrian Pace, 4-star back Adaris Bellamy, and a local back named Allen Jones.

QB is the big question mark. Looks like we may get a QB transfer, Tyler Tuiasosopo, from the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                        I'm not sure how many of you participate on the AGS site, but I posted this over there a couple days ago. It gives a pretty good indication of who each team lost and has coming back. This should help with the prognosticating.

Southern Illinois
                        Key Departures: (RB) D. Karim, (TE) R. Kernes, (P) S. Ravanesi, (DL) C. Arthurs, (LB) B. Jordan, (LB) K. Walker, (LB) C. Mixon, (DB) M. Rodgers
                        Key Returners: (QB) C. Dieker, (QB) P. McIntosh, (WR) J. Allaria, (OL) D. Pickard, (OL) B. Boemer, (FB) J. Goode, (K) K. Dougherty, (DB) M. McElroy, (DB) K. Lindsey, (DL) K. Russo

South Dakota State
                        Key Departures: (OL) C. Knipps, (OL) C. Bender, (WR) G. Fox, (WR) M. Steffen, (DL) D. Batten, (LB) C. Johnson, (LB) J. Rogers
                        Key Returners: (RB) K. Minett, (QB) T. O’Brien, (OL) R. McKnight, (TE) C. Cochart, (LB) D. Domino, (DB) C. Kjerstad, (DB) C. Brodie

Northern Iowa
                        Key Departures: (QB) P. Grace, (RB) D. Law, (OL) A. Steichen, (OL) A. Howard, (WR) D. Eyman, (WR) D. Hord, (LB) J. Mahoney, (LB) E. Hodge, (DL) C. Kinney, (DL) J. Ruffin, (DL) W. Lane, (DB) Q. Scott
                        Key Returners: (RB) C. Anderson, (FB) R. Mahaffey, (TE) S. Oordt, (K) B. Hallgren, (WR/KR) J. Herring, (LB) J. Thompson, (LB) L. Fort

Illinois State
                        Key Departures: (RB) G. Blow, (WR) E. Salem, (K) Z. Kutch, (DL) D. Phelps, (DB) C. Garrett
                        Key Returners: (QB) M. Brown, (RB) C. Gordon, (OL) N. Bledsoe, (WR) T. Walker, (DL) E. Brunner, (DB) K. Hemphill, (LB) E. Jones

Missouri State
                        Key Departures: (TE) C. Harbor, (K) M. Hottelman
                        Key Returners: (QB) K. Cody, (OL) D. Arkin, (LB) A. Wilkinson, (DB) S. Smith, (LB) A. Beauchamp, (Def) D. Miller, (Def.) M. Keck, (DL) W. Richardet, (P) J. Chiles

North Dakota State
                        Key Departures: (RB) P. Paschall, (QB) N, Mertens, (OL) K. Buckman, (OL) R. Foster, (KR) S. Washington, (DB) R. Bowman

Youngstown State
                        Key Departures: (QB) B. Summers, (RB) K.Smith, (WR) D. Jones, (DL) M. Savage, (P) B. Nowicki, (DB) L. Wicks
                        Key Returners: (WR) D. Barnes, (OL) E. Rodemover, (LB) T. Hill, (DB) Andre Elliott

Western Illinois
                        Key Departures: (RB) D. Gibbs, (LB) B. Dudczak, (DB) P. Stoudamire
                        Key Returners: (QB) W. Lunt, (WR) L. Senatus, (KR) T. Speight, (LB) K. Glazier, (DL) B. Kreczmer

Indiana State
                        Key Departures: (DB) D. McCleskey
                        Key Returners: (LB) A. Archie, (DB) A. Sewall, (LB) J. Washington, (QB) R. Roberts, (DL) R. Hardy, (KR) D. Gates

LOL thats a joke right?????
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          I don't think that was intended as a joke at all but your comment was pretty funny...rep points for humor.

Comment

I dunno.

It's pretty significant loss.

Like when you get an operation to remove a tumor.

Comment

Every time I hear the name "Nick Mertens" I think of when he connected on touchdown pass to a wide open Derek Domino.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                Every time I hear the name "Nick Mertens" I think of when he connected on touchdown pass to a wide open Derek Domino.
                                Yeah...that was a great pass and catch eh?!
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X