• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets Speculate

Nick Mertens was a great South Dakota State quarterback

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Every time I hear the name "Nick Mertens" I think of when he connected on touchdown pass to a wide open Derek Domino.

Well, at least you got to see him connect on a TD pass
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

[QUOTE=Jacked_Rabbit;153697]I'm not sure how many of you participate on the AGS site, but I posted this over there a couple days ago. It gives a pretty good indication of who each team lost and has coming back. This should help with the prognosticating.

South Dakota State
        Key Departures: (OL) C. Knipps, (OL) C. Bender, (WR) G. Fox, (WR) M. Steffen, (DL) D. Batten, (LB) C. Johnson, (LB) J. Rogers
        Key Returners: (RB) K. Minett, (QB) T. O’Brien, (OL) R. McKnight, (TE) C. Cochart, (LB) D. Domino, (DB) C. Kjerstad, (DB) C. Brodie

I don't like to call anything out but don't forget the General is returning this year as well. I think the secondary took a significant hit when he went down last year.

Aaah who am I kidding, I like to call lots of stuff out.

I
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

That's why I was hesitant to post this on the SDSUFans site. We all know our team much better than the other school in the MVFC do!

As for General, he was not included on the All-Conference teams nor did he finish high on the list of any major individual statistical categories, therefore, he was left off my list.

Sorry Catrabbit, I don't disagree with you, but I had to be fair when evaluating all the MVFC teams...

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            LOL thats a joke right?????
            Your boy Mertens made the 'Key Departures' list primary to indicate that there will be a new starting QB for the Bison next year...

Who knows, maybe he won't look so bad after we see what NDSU throws under center this year! Atleast you guys have your leading rusher back! Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
              Your boy Mertens made the 'Key Departures' list primary to indicate that there will be a new starting QB for the Bison next year...

Who knows, maybe he won't look so bad after we see what NDSU throws under center this year! Atleast you guys have your leading rusher back! Oh wait...

Relax, jeez I was taking a shot at our own team and you still throw stones
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Mohler started the last four games last year and will be the starting QB for the game at Kansas.

He looked much better than Mertens, not like that takes much though.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  Mohler started the last four games last year and will be the starting QB for the game at Kansas.

He looked much better than Mertens, not like that takes much though.
                  Has Mohler officially been named the starter? I heard the Jensen kid has been looking better than him during the spring.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Has Mohler officially been named the starter? I heard the Jensen kid has been looking better than him during the spring.
                    He is the #1 QB heading into fall camp.

Jensen had a great spring game but his body of work wasn't quite good enough throughout spring ball. I think the coaches will take experience out of the gate(Mohler had two very efficient games to close last season) but Jenson is close enough that the coaches won't think twice about giving him a shot early if Mohler struggles.

Comment

Kyle Minett made the Sport Networks list of top running backs heading into the 2010 season. It's important to note that the Sports Network sometimes doesn't have a clue with FCS football (see their linebacker preview), but at least they got it right by having Minett on the list for the RBs.

Read at:
                      http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...aley/index.htm
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

That's why I was hesitant to post this on the SDSUFans site. We all know our team much better than the other school in the MVFC do!

As for General, he was not included on the All-Conference teams nor did he finish high on the list of any major individual statistical categories, therefore, he was left off my list.

Sorry Catrabbit, I don't disagree with you, but I had to be fair when evaluating all the MVFC teams...
                        I see the logic and accept the answer. Very nice job by the way!!!!
                        And no we never need to be fair with all the other MVC teams

By the way the convo going on here about Mertens has me laughing. It's nice we can shoot some cannons at each other for fun.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                        X