Who is JACOB TAYLORR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is JACOB TAYLORR?

I keep trying to find the sweet spot between restrictions and ease-of-use--both for moderators and for the posters and board readers. Unfortunately, on the Internet, I don't think there is a "sweet spot." Such is life on the InterTubes.

Right now, we require moderator approval for new users--and we usually check IP addresses and things like that, but we might have to get more aggressive about bouncing questionable user names and/or e-mail addresses, too. This will catch a few more "real" users, unfortunately, but where to draw the line is always a judgment call, and always seems to be a moving target. I'd really rather not go to something like moderating the first five or ten posts for each new user, to winnow out all but the most determined of 'evil-doers.' But that's an option, I guess.

The best defense to spammers and other objectionables is an active user base, so keep those comments coming -- and when necessary use that red-triangle "Report Post" button at the right side of the post titles -- if you see something that you think needs moderator attention.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Who is JACOB TAYLORR?

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
      I feel left out

Or he probably read some of my posts and figured I was much too intelligent to fall for it
      ....ha,haaa.....i like your sense of humor

Comment

Working...
      X