Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD's Title as Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured

Typical coyote fans responses:

"Dave Boots just quietly continues to enjoy big-time success with the Yotes. He doesn't need to be the center of attention like some coaches nor does he offer excuses every time he loses. He actually gives credit to the other team. That's just part of the reason USD is so far ahead in the Division I transition compared to the sob stories we had to listen to from the school up north."

This one is in reference to an interview with Dana Altman:

"He mistakenly referred to Boots as "Nagy" during the teleconference - a reference to the South Dakota State coach - but he had the basics down otherwise."

No Altman, Nagy is the one helping his players clean out their lockers this week!
    3/16/2010 10:18:13 AM

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...#pluckcomments

Absolutely no surprise to me that in reply to an article about USD's game with Creighton all the coyote fans want to do is talk about SDSU and not in a positive light. I can't wait for the rivalry to resume so we can deal with more of their ignorance and contempt.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Typical coyote fans responses:

"Dave Boots just quietly continues to enjoy big-time success with the Yotes. He doesn't need to be the center of attention like some coaches nor does he offer excuses every time he loses. He actually gives credit to the other team. That's just part of the reason USD is so far ahead in the Division I transition compared to the sob stories we had to listen to from the school up north."

This one is in reference to an interview with Dana Altman:

"He mistakenly referred to Boots as "Nagy" during the teleconference - a reference to the South Dakota State coach - but he had the basics down otherwise."

No Altman, Nagy is the one helping his players clean out their lockers this week!
      3/16/2010 10:18:13 AM

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...#pluckcomments

Absolutely no surprise to me that in reply to an article about USD's game with Creighton all the coyote fans want to do is talk about SDSU and not in a positive light. I can't wait for the rivalry to resume so we can deal with more of their ignorance and contempt.

So many uniformed DipS#$ts, so little time.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

And that's why I'm not a big fan of dragging discussions from one board/site to another . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          And that's why I'm not a big fan of dragging discussions from one board/site to another . . .
          I'm not a fan of a lot of things that I do, maybe that's why I hate going to confession. Anyways, its less of a fan board and more of a comment about an article on a website not dedicated to one program or the other. Its certainly perceived as a more public forum than this one is.

Coach Boots is a great guy and a good coach who has had his successes. The game in Omaha tonight is a big one for USD and I'll be checking in on them. If the comments on the Argus site weren't so darn easy to copy I might have left it at that.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I'm not a fan of a lot of things that I do, maybe that's why I hate going to confession. Anyways, its less of a fan board and more of a comment about an article on a website not dedicated to one program or the other. Its certainly perceived as a more public forum than this one is.

Coach Boots is a great guy and a good coach who has had his successes. The game in Omaha tonight is a big one for USD and I'll be checking in on them. If the comments on the Argus site weren't so darn easy to copy I might have left it at that.
            I do think that there is a certain amount of Little Brother Syndrome that afflicts some USD backers at times . . . where they're more concerned with how they're doing relative to SDSU than how they're doing relative to the wider world. (The reverse applies as well, but I think much less so now than perhaps when we began our journey into D-I.)

It just seems awfully self-limiting to constantly be comparing yourself to how the other institution in SD is doing, rather than going out and comparing yourself to regional and national rivals. USD gets a crack at that tonight, and I'd expect and hope that the vast majority of their fans are concerned about USD vs. Creighton tonight, not USD vs. SDSU.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks for posting those comments, I needed a good laugh today.

USD a Big-time success... Almost as funny as the time USD voted a triple-overtime defeat of a 2-8 NDSU squad as the great moment in Dakota Dome history.

Comment

Working...
              X