X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Just heard on KSFY that Matt Hermanson is going to Montana... shoot
    Anybody know when his dad played at SDSU? Did he play the same time that Breske (now DC at Montana) did?

Either way, I'm sure Breske was involved in the recruitment of Matt as a former SD guy who had recruited SF Washington hard last year while he was at NDSU and recruiting Trevor Gebhart.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by MinneapolisJack View Post
      The link shows 2010 signee's Krings & Korus but I couldn't find any players for 2011. Thanks for posting the site though, and let me know if I'm not looking at the right page.
      You're right - my bad!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        Anybody know when his dad played at SDSU? Did he play the same time that Breske (now DC at Montana) did?

Either way, I'm sure Breske was involved in the recruitment of Matt as a former SD guy who had recruited SF Washington hard last year while he was at NDSU and recruiting Trevor Gebhart.
        Looks like Breske & Matt's dad played together at SDSU. Hermanson also had offers from NDSU, UND, & USD.

http://m.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.d...emplate=wapart
        http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Looks like Breske & Matt's dad played together at SDSU. Hermanson also had offers from NDSU, UND, & USD.

there are better safeties out there than hermanson. Hope he does well at montana but I won't lose any sleep over him going there.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
            there are better safeties out there than hermanson. Hope he does well at montana but I won't lose any sleep over him going there.
            It would still be nice to keep these South Dakota kids instate. There's typically only a handful of DI players that come out of SD per year and SDSU should be getting the top ones (Besides players who will go on and play BCS like Farniok).

Hopefully SDSU will keep gaining respect throughout the state as one of the premier FCS teams and kids will want to stay in SD to help represent their state in DI athletics.

Comment

I figured so...I have no idea if Breske and Pops Hermanson are close friends or not, but if they are I'm sure it was a big draw. If one of my good college buddies was recruiting one of my kids to play for him, it would be hard for me as a parent to not want them to go that way. And Montana, as a program, might not need the edge.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

It would still be nice to keep these South Dakota kids instate. There's typically only a handful of DI players that come out of SD per year and SDSU should be getting the top ones (Besides players who will go on and play BCS like Farniok).

Hopefully SDSU will keep gaining respect throughout the state as one of the premier FCS teams and kids will want to stay in SD to help represent their state in DI athletics.
                I agree with u there..

Comment

It is what it is. Good luck to Hermanson, but not to Montana.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Totally agree, though we'll never bat .1000, I guess. Wish we could have got him. Bummer.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                      I agree with u there..
                      I agree.

This is exactly the case of where in the state, parents need to start breeding the culture of SDSU and a lesser extent but still important USD too kids. If kids say yeah SDSU is good but I want to see what I can do elsewhere, shows we are not there. I agree with the best of the best we will have a hard time keeping. Montana is great at keeping its instate kids. They grow up wanting to play for Montana even if they could go elsewhere or BCS. I think SDSU women BBall are on that track. But we need it to start with our kids at a young age, show them the greatness of SDSU or USD even. I feel SDSU does great at getting most of the instate kids it wants, but the culture of SDSU as the best option needs to start to get them down the road. Especially with student numbers lowering and only so many select D-1 type athletes. It’s important for them to want to be at SDSU for a multitude of reasons.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        I agree.

This is exactly the case of where in the state, parents need to start breeding the culture of SDSU and a lesser extent but still important USD too kids. If kids say yeah SDSU is good but I want to see what I can do elsewhere, shows we are not there. I agree with the best of the best we will have a hard time keeping. Montana is great at keeping its instate kids. They grow up wanting to play for Montana even if they could go elsewhere or BCS. I think SDSU women BBall are on that track. But we need it to start with our kids at a young age, show them the greatness of SDSU or USD even. I feel SDSU does great at getting most of the instate kids it wants, but the culture of SDSU as the best option needs to start to get them down the road. Especially with student numbers lowering and only so many select D-1 type athletes. It’s important for them to want to be at SDSU for a multitude of reasons.
                        I think the whole state needs to adopt the "Montana" type model and that they will with time.

This is the first time that South Dakotan's can cheer for a home grown, Division 1 team. For years they have had to look elsewhere for their sporting teams. (Twins, Vikes, Rockies, Huskers, Hawkeyes) Eventually, kids will grow up and be able to root for the hometown teams like the Jacks & Yotes and their will be more of a sense of pride.

Comment

Added to the recruiting List

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...on-Lalk-111972

TE Jamison Lalk, 6'6" 245, Council Bluffs IA

Offers from Illinois St, UND, NDSU, & USD

(Site doesn't have SDSU listed yet. Info came from twitter.com/terryvandroveck)

Comment

I see that the 2010 Pigskin Preview cover is online.

http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/

http://pigskinpreview.blogspot.com/

On the cover is

OL Derek Farniok, SF Washington
                            QB/DB Matt Hermanson, SF Washington
                            OL/LB Brendan Ter Wee, West Lyon
                            DB/QB Matt Lupkes, Dakota Valley
                            QB Christian Cox, Aberdeen Roncalli
                            RB Jordan Connor, Emery/Ethan

Comment

per TV's twitter SDSU has their first commit for 2011. Anyone know who it is?
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                per TV's twitter SDSU has their first commit for 2011. Anyone know who it is?
                                Jake Gentile, a 6'1", 190 lb, safety from Council Bluffs,IA, a cousin to Brock. Gentile helped the St Albert Falcons to the Class 1A state title last fall, earning finals MVP honors. He also was named the most valuable defensive back at the National Underclassmen Combine at Lincoln, NE, in May.

Sounds like a good one!
                                Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X