2010 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Well I have been keeping track of the Commissioner's Cup standings for the last two years and here they are for this year.

For those that don't know, the Summit League has the Commissioner's Cup award that goes to the university with the highest placement in conference play for all sports, both men's and women's. For example in Women's volleyball, there are 9 teams and the team that finishes in 1st place during the regular season is awarded 9 points, 2nd place gets 8 points etc. The league also has an award for the best men's and women's conference teams. The university with the best men's all sports team is awarded the Dr. William Steinbrecher award. The women's all sports team is awarded the Dr. Helen Smiley award.

These are the standings for the Men's All Sports Award thru April. 20th

Code:
    Dr. William Steinbrecher Men's All Sports Award Standings

School                                                   Points        

1.  Oral Roberts University                                35  
    2.  Oakland University                                     34.5
    3.  South Dakota State University                          31
    4.  IUPUI                                                  27.5                         
    5.  Western Illinois                                       22.5             
    6T. North Dakota State University                          21 
    6T. UMKC                                                   21 
    8.  Southern Utah                                          19            
    9.  Centenary                                              17
    10. IPFW                                                   16.5
    Here are the standings for the Women's All Sports Award thru April. 20th.

Code:
    Dr. Helen Smiley Women's All Sports Award Standings

School                                                  Points       

1.  South Dakota State University                          55.5 
    2.  North Dakota State University                          54          
    3.  Oral Roberts                                           53   
    4.  Oakland University                                     44          
    5.  Western Illinois                                       41
    6.  IPFW                                                   40
    7.  UMKC                                                   39.5  
    8.  Southern Utah                                          38
    9.  IUPUI                                                  37    
    10. Centenary                                              14
    Here are the standings for the Commissioner's Cup thru April. 20th.

Code:
    Commissioner's Cup Standings

School                                                   Points      

1.   Oral Roberts University                               88
    2.   South Dakota State University                         86.5
    3.   Oakland University                                    78.5        
    4.   North Dakota State University                         75  
    5.   IUPUI                                                 64.5
    6.   Western Illinois                                      63.5
    7.   UMKC                                                  60.5 
    8.   Southern Utah University                              57                           
    9.   IPFW                                                  56.5                         
    10.  Centenary                                             31
    Last edited by NorCalJack; 04-20-2010, 10:28 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: 2010 Commissioner's Cup Standings

Very nice graph,thanks for your work.Do you know how to do a scholarship chart,like Gonzaga & Purdue have?Guess it's harder for us to make as we don't get our verbals that far in advance.Just a thought.

Comment

It's nice to see NDSU on top of the women's cup(with you guys) for however short a time. We'll stop dropping down the ranks soon enough with all the sports other school sponsor that we don't.

And thanks for the work you do on these NorCal; I always look forward to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
        It's nice to see NDSU on top of the women's cup(with you guys) for however short a time. We'll stop dropping down the ranks soon enough with all the sports other school sponsor that we don't.

And thanks for the work you do on these NorCal; I always look forward to them.
        I'd like to echo Hammer's thanks to NorCal. Very nice charting!

Hammer - What spring sports are missing at NDSU? Tennis? This chart already includes Swimming results, so there's one of the NDSU missing. NDSU usually does well in the track sports, should be tops in softball again, and competes in golf, so I'd think it'll be a Dakota St race for the top in the womens.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          I'd like to echo Hammer's thanks to NorCal. Very nice charting!

Hammer - What spring sports are missing at NDSU? Tennis? This chart already includes Swimming results, so there's one of the NDSU missing. NDSU usually does well in the track sports, should be tops in softball again, and competes in golf, so I'd think it'll be a Dakota St race for the top in the womens.
          Okay, I admit I didn't look at it closely and notice S&D was already included in the totals. The only other women's sport left that NDSU doesn't compete in is tennis. That 3-way tie for the soccer crown sure helped us, and I didn't remember that we finished 2nd in XC. And we've currently got the greatest women golfer in our history. Even without tennis, we might actually have a shot at pulling it off this year. No chance for the men's cup or the overall, but that's nothing new.

Comment

I updated the standings to include the final Basketball standings and Indoor Track & Field. See the first post for results.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

My thanks to NocalJack for the chart. It shows to me that with such a short spell of being a conference member we are making our presence known by our finish in every sport. One could expect last place finishes for new D1 and Summit League members, but not so. It goes to show that many of our programs were strong at the D2 level and we had something to work with. More money and scholarships make the wheels turn apparently.

Comment

Well with women's golf finishing today, I updated the standings thru today. I also added the current standing for Baseball and Softball. I also posted the final standings for Tennis.

See the first post for the current standings.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

NDSU has a pretty decent shot at the women's trophy. They just need to hold their advantage in softball and finish two spots better in track (they finished 3 spots ahead of SDSU at the indoor meet).

And while SDSU has an outside shot at the overall trophy, it doesn't seem likely that they'll pick up the difference at the outdoor meets. They can snag a one point advantage if they close out the regular season ahead of Oral Roberts in baseball, but that's an iffy proposition.

Edit: forgot about men's golf. That complicates things a bit. ORU should be able to pad their advantage in M-golf

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    NDSU has a pretty decent shot at the women's trophy. They just need to hold their advantage in softball and finish two spots better in track (they finished 3 spots ahead of SDSU at the indoor meet).

And while SDSU has an outside shot at the overall trophy, it doesn't seem likely that they'll pick up the difference at the outdoor meets. They can snag a one point advantage if they close out the regular season ahead of Oral Roberts in baseball, but that's an iffy proposition.

Edit: forgot about men's golf. That complicates things a bit. ORU should be able to pad their advantage in M-golf
                    Based on the regular season tournaments where league schools have played each other, the men's SL golf title will be two-team battle between UMKC and WIU with ORU and SDSU not far behind.

Comment

Jacks finish 2nd overall. ORU wins it again, we have to make that change.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CLID=204847066

With the 2009-10 academic year in the books, Oral Roberts has captured its fifth-straight Summit League Commissioner's Cup. ORU also claimed the Dr. William Steinbrecher Men's All Sports Award, while North Dakota State won the Dr. Helen Smiley Women's All Sports Award.

South Dakota State finished second in the standings, while Oakland placed third, just eight points behind SDSU. The Bison were two points behind the Golden Grizzlies for fourth place. The fifth and sixth slots were separated by just two points, with Southern Utah gaining the advantage with 76 points, while UMKC had 75.5 points and Western Illinois accumulated 74 points. IUPUI (66 pionts), IPFW (63.5 points) and Centenary (32.5 points) rounded out the standings.

Oral Roberts was propelled into first place by capturing three spring sport titles, men's and women's golf and baseball. In addition, the Golden Eagles also won the women's basketball title and placed second in men's and women's indoor track & field and men's and women's tennis. The Jackrabbits claimed first place in men's cross country, women's soccer and baseball.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X