Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes humbled again

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Good point but the word "pattoned" was raised in an earlier post, and it's gone from there. I believe this thread has been totally pattoned.
    Its Q rating is now considerably lower than its already low Sturating.

BTW: I did get the Sturating for this topic.

It's somewhere between the Greater Dakota Conference & Scott Nagy. Yep. It's that low.

Comment

wow, why couldnt the summit be smart enough to leave usd out and potentially und? it was a nice fun conference with good natured rivalry, now its gonna be idiots running wild, sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
        wow, why couldnt the summit be smart enough to leave usd out and potentially und? it was a nice fun conference with good natured rivalry, now its gonna be idiots running wild, sigh.
        Dude. Students are probably going to be limited at the gate for the USD game and the reserved seats are all but sold out.

Why on Earth would SDSU, USD, or the Summit have a problem with that?

Comment

think small be small, keep inviting usd/und and thats what the xdsu's will be stuck with for another 100 years. wasnt the last 5-6 years amazing? *thats the definition of correlation*

Comment

think small be small, keep inviting usd/und and thats what the xdsu's will be stuck with for another 100 years. wasnt the last 5-6 years amazing? *thats the definition of correlation*
            Oh yeah, right. SDSU never plays USD again and magically they'll turn into Florida.

Comment

We already are small. By inviting the UXD's, there are instantly 12 games in the Summit League that will get crowds of 4000+. 8 of those crowds could be 5000 plus. All 12 games should be on TV, at least locally, many could be regional. For a league that averages about 2700 per game, that is a big deal.

The league desperately wants to raise the profile of Men's Basketball. They can do that by knocking off some higher RPI teams. They can do that with better players. Recruiting better players will be easier when they visit on the night of a UXD/XDSU game.

I've been to Rupp Arena to watch Kentucky, seen the Orange Crush at Illinois, and watched the Gophers at The Barn. The game experience was just as good (minus the dead animals) at Frost for a USD/SDSU game as any of the games I saw at those places.

With all that being said, USD has a woeful basketball team this year and will for many years to come. SDSU would beat them 100-50.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                We already are small. By inviting the UXD's, there are instantly 12 games in the Summit League that will get crowds of 4000+. 8 of those crowds could be 5000 plus. All 12 games should be on TV, at least locally, many could be regional. For a league that averages about 2700 per game, that is a big deal.

The league desperately wants to raise the profile of Men's Basketball. They can do that by knocking off some higher RPI teams. They can do that with better players. Recruiting better players will be easier when they visit on the night of a UXD/XDSU game.

I've been to Rupp Arena to watch Kentucky, seen the Orange Crush at Illinois, and watched the Gophers at The Barn. The game experience was just as good (minus the dead animals) at Frost for a USD/SDSU game as any of the games I saw at those places.

With all that being said, USD has a woeful basketball team this year and will for many years to come. SDSU would beat them 100-50.
                What he said in bold.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  I think your numbers are very skewed. For example, the SDSU-UND game, men's or women's, will NOT draw more than 4000 people. The only way that would happen is if both teams have strong records at the end of the year and meet up at the end of the conference season.

I don't have time to go back and research what the attendance numbers were in the D-II days. But I'd be willing to bet it has been a long time since the SDSU-UND game has drew over 4000.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I think your numbers are very skewed. For example, the SDSU-UND game, men's or women's, will NOT draw more than 4000 people. The only way that would happen is if both teams have strong records at the end of the year and meet up at the end of the conference season.

I don't have time to go back and research what the attendance numbers were in the D-II days. But I'd be willing to bet it has been a long time since the SDSU-UND game has drew over 4000.
                    I hate to admit it, but the vast majority of our fans just are not sports saavy enough to understand Middle Tenn State is a great Mid-Major Program and the attendence reflected it. Same for the Men's game against Central Michigan. A conference home game against UND has more chance of reaching 4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

How much?
                      Six in the last five years of D-II for the men.

1/25/03 at Frost - 6,234
                      2/23/02 at UND - 5,319
                      1/28/2000 at UND - 4,178
                      2-26-2000 at Frost - 6,104
                      1/22/99 at Frost - 4,007
                      2/28/99 at UND - 4,017

Also had crowds over 3,600 at Frost on 1/23/04, over 3,400 at Frost on 2/24/01 and over 3,200 at UND on 2/6/03

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Oh yeah, right. SDSU never plays USD again and magically they'll turn into Florida.
                        Zoo is right on here.

Comment

The Yotes lost a close one to Morehead State tonight 66-64. This is Morehead Kentucky of the Ohio Conference? and D1 so they had their chances, but tough to lose in the Dome to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            The Yotes lost a close one to Morehead State tonight 66-64. This is Morehead Kentucky of the Ohio Conference? and D1 so they had their chances, but tough to lose in the Dome to anyone.
                            I was at the game, and USD led for approximately 37.5 minutes of the game. Very good game. Morehead played the first game of the NCAA's last year as seed #64 when they played the #65 seed. They won that game then proceeded to get pummeled by NC I think.

We need a couple more players off the bench to make a run at anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              I was at the game, and USD led for approximately 37.5 minutes of the game. Very good game. Morehead played the first game of the NCAA's last year as seed #64 when they played the #65 seed. They won that game then proceeded to get pummeled by NC I think.

We need a couple more players off the bench to make a run at anyone.
                              That's a really solid effort for the Coyotes against a quality opponent.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                That's a really solid effort for the Coyotes against a quality opponent.
                                Non-smack in a smack thread? Watch it young man.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X