Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes humbled again

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Since we only have one common opponent this year (which is amazing to me - I am just taking what I read here as the truth) only thing we can say is:

Scoreboard.

This of course is comparative scoring and the transitive property, which we all know doesn't mean anything, but its always fun to needle a coyote anyhow.

I will always use this one beause its just too good: "66-7" and then follow that with "24-14".
    All this smack has brought me out of my recliner to make some obervations. #1.) SDSU fans have always been against the renewed rivalry because USD fans were just such bad fans with poor behavior, yet look at this board. C'MON MAN #2.) KULawJack, you just love the UNI comparison but that was at the beginning of the year for us. A team is measured more by how it finishes than how it starts. So in the interest of entertaining you, must I remind you of Cal_Poly? Hmmm? Both played at Poly. The Super Jacks couldn't beat the #2 team in our league, but USD did? C'MON MAN. #3.) And I truly didn't want to post this but the Griz laid 34 points on you in a playoff game? And that was just one quarter? C'MON MAN.

When will we ever learn the only true way to compare is to play each other.

p.s. Drive home safely from Lawrence, the roads are a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      So . . . pattoned is a synonym for kerblasticated?

Combined, it is pattonblasticated. As in "Jacks pattonblasticated Coyotes."

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        All this smack has brought me out of my recliner to make some obervations. #1.) SDSU fans have always been against the renewed rivalry because USD fans were just such bad fans with poor behavior, yet look at this board. C'MON MAN #2.) KULawJack, you just love the UNI comparison but that was at the beginning of the year for us. A team is measured more by how it finishes than how it starts. So in the interest of entertaining you, must I remind you of Cal_Poly? Hmmm? Both played at Poly. The Super Jacks couldn't beat the #2 team in our league, but USD did? C'MON MAN. #3.) And I truly didn't want to post this but the Griz laid 34 points on you in a playoff game? And that was just one quarter? C'MON MAN.

1 C'MON YF, not all Jacks fans are against renewing the rivalry.
        2. C'MON YF, be careful what you wish for in the renewal - you could get pattonblasticated a la UNI II.
        3. C'MON YF, of COURSE you wanted to post that GrizBiz reference .... you were waiting for just the moment to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          1 C'MON YF, not all Jacks fans are against renewing the rivalry.
          2. C'MON YF, be careful what you wish for in the renewal - you could get pattonblasticated a la UNI II.
          3. C'MON YF, of COURSE you wanted to post that GrizBiz reference .... you were waiting for just the moment to do it...

#1.) Correct
          #2.) Maybe, maybe not
          #3.) Wrong....KULaw planted the seed (see the reference)

I was cheering for the Jacks big time. Might be hard for you to fathom.

Comment

Keep in mind, I said all my smack was with transitive property, comparative scores and means absolutely nothing. However, since we don't play its what we have. When we are poking fun at the other on the smack board, the last thing I will do is admit to trying to use the whole body of work and will undoubtedly cherry pick the moments that I enjoy the most. Like the Wyoming comparative - I like that one.

I am not one of those against playing. Don't paint with such a broad brush.

Thank you for the words regarding the roads. I am not looking forward to it.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Combined, it is pattonblasticated. As in "Jacks pattonblasticated Coyotes."
              Hey, you should patent that word. I don't think it's in the dictionary.

Anyway, I, too, look forward to the Jacks humbling, pattoning and kerblasticating the Yotes on the court and field. In the meantime, I guess we have to settle for silly electronic exchanges.
              This space for lease.

Comment

You are so right, lets see how SDSU and USD finished.

Final 2009 Sports Network's FCS College Football Poll

Team
                1. Villanova Wildcats (101)
                2. Montana Grizzlies
                3. Appalachian State Mountaineers
                4. William & Mary Tribe
                5. Richmond Spiders
                6. Southern Illinois Salukis
                7. New Hampshire Wildcats
                8. South Carolina State Bulldogs
                9. Elon Phoenix
                10. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
                11. South Dakota State Jackrabbits
                12. McNeese State Cowboys
                13. Eastern Washington Eagles
                14. Holy Cross Crusaders
                15. Prairie View A&M Panthers
                16. Jacksonville State Gamecocks
                17. Weber State Wildcats
                18. Northern Iowa Panthers
                19. Eastern Illinois Panthers
                20. Penn Quakers
                21. Colgate Raiders
                22. Liberty Flames
                23. Florida A&M Rattlers
                24. Lafayette Leopards
                25. Texas State Bobcats

Others receiving votes: James Madison 129, Montana State 112, Delaware 89, Harvard 64, Butler 49, Eastern Kentucky 34, Central Connecticut State 29, UC Davis 28, Furman 26, Illinois State 24, Northern Arizona 21, Grambling 11, Youngstown State 8, Norfolk State 7, Stony Brook 4, Alabama A&M 3, Old Dominion 3, Central Arkansas 2, Chattanooga 1.

What there must be some kind of mistake. The Yotes didn't even receive any votes. I mean come on they did beat Cal Poly. Maybe I should check the Coach's poll.

FCS COACHES' POLL
                1. Villanova (Pa.) [28]
                2. Montana
                T3. Appalachian State (N.C.)
                T3. William & Mary (Va.)
                5. Richmond (Va.)
                6. Southern Illinois
                7. New Hampshire
                8. South Carolina State
                9. Stephen F. Austin (Texas)
                10. Elon (N.C.)
                11. South Dakota State
                12. McNeese State (La.)
                13. Eastern Washington
                14. Holy Cross (Mass.)
                15. Eastern Illinois
                16. Jacksonville State (Ala.)
                17. Weber State (Utah)
                18. Northern Iowa
                19. Prairie View A&M (Texas)
                20. Colgate (N.Y.)
                21. Liberty (Va.)
                22. Florida A&M
                23. Pennsylvania
                24. Texas State
                25. Lafayette (Pa.)

Others receiving votes: Montana State (38), Delaware (18), James Madison (14), Butler (6), Harvard (6), Grambling State (5), Northern Arizona (5), Alabama A&M (4), Illinois State (4), Central Connecticut State (2), Dayton (2), Tennessee Tech (2), Central Arkansas (1), Massachusetts (1), UC Davis (1).

Oh my gosh, USD got pattonblasticated again. The injustice.

The Yotes stated behind us UNI 66 - USD 7 and finished behind us SDSU # 11 - USD no votes. The years and divisions may change but USD's view never does.
                Last edited by LakeJack; 12-22-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

"I'm recommending to the Joint Chiefs of Staff that this thread be pattoned!"

Comment

Hmmm... Patton-ed...

Amateur historian that I am, does that mean we now get to slap whiny coyote fans whose nerves can't take it anymore?
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

A team is measured more by how it finishes than how it starts.
                      Jacks finished in the playoffs. Coyotees finished not in the playoffs. Nuff said.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Had the 'yotes finished in the playoffs and had a home game, I doubt it would have made this stellar list of exciting moments.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c002e0.html

This is a list of top 10 moments in Dakota Dome history.

8. Oct. 20, 2007: Women’s Swimming & Diving vs. North Dakota

For the first time in school history, the USD women’s swimming and diving team beat North Dakota in dual meet action. USD won seven individual or relay events in the 123-120 win over the Fighting Sioux. Leading the way for the Coyotes were Stacy Bjorlie, who had a hand in three wins, and Megan Gordon with two wins. The Coyotes also set two school records in the contest. The first was the 400-medley relay team of Gordon, Bjorlie, Amelia Payne and Erin Wagoner with a time of 4:32.36. Gordon set a second record in the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:24.89. “The win was so exciting because we didn’t expect it. It was the first meet of the season and the first time we had a duel against North Dakota in seven years,” said Gordon. “Winning against UND was such a great way to start the season because it gave us confidence that we could handle every team on our schedule.” The Coyote women finished the season 10th in Division II, scoring 178.5 points at the national meet, the most in school history.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                          Had the 'yotes finished in the playoffs and had a home game, I doubt it would have made this stellar list of exciting moments.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/spor...cc4c002e0.html

This is a list of top 10 moments in Dakota Dome history.

8. Oct. 20, 2007: Women’s Swimming & Diving vs. North Dakota

For the first time in school history, the USD women’s swimming and diving team beat North Dakota in dual meet action. USD won seven individual or relay events in the 123-120 win over the Fighting Sioux. Leading the way for the Coyotes were Stacy Bjorlie, who had a hand in three wins, and Megan Gordon with two wins. The Coyotes also set two school records in the contest. The first was the 400-medley relay team of Gordon, Bjorlie, Amelia Payne and Erin Wagoner with a time of 4:32.36. Gordon set a second record in the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:24.89. “The win was so exciting because we didn’t expect it. It was the first meet of the season and the first time we had a duel against North Dakota in seven years,” said Gordon. “Winning against UND was such a great way to start the season because it gave us confidence that we could handle every team on our schedule.” The Coyote women finished the season 10th in Division II, scoring 178.5 points at the national meet, the most in school history.
                          I see the RC Journal belongs to the "Hey, let's uncritically print/post whatever press release we happen to receive today" school of journalism.

You'd think that they'd at least think "hey, why isn't this a "greatest 10 moments in the D-Dome in the 2000's?" At least that would make some kind of news sense at this time of the year/decade.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I withold my crapinion.*

Sturgeons Law or Revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              So . . . pattoned is a synonym for kerblasticated?
                              Wouldn't "Pershinged" be a more appropriate word for a Wyoming based kerblastification.

If only we had a sturating for this subject. Then I'd know what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                Wouldn't "Pershinged" be a more appropriate word for a Wyoming based kerblastification.

If only we had a sturating for this subject. Then I'd know what to think.
                                Good point but the word "pattoned" was raised in an earlier post, and it's gone from there. I believe this thread has been totally pattoned.

Comment

Working...
                                X