Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU on the Radio in the Hills

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204827977

BROOKINGS, S.D. — Radio coverage of South Dakota State University Athletics will expand to the Black Hills and central South Dakota with the addition of two stations to the Jackrabbit Radio Network.

"I'm really proud of my staff for looking for new and creative ways to enhance our marketing efforts. Getting our programs on various types of media is a very important part of our marketing plan,” said SDSU athletic director Justin Sell. “We recognize we have fans all over the state and this is a great way for our fans to follow SDSU Athletics.”

KRKI 99.5 FM, the ESPN Radio affiliate in Rapid City, will join the network this weekend, starting with Saturday’s broadcast of the Jackrabbit football game against Southern Illinois for the Missouri Valley Football Conference title. Besides football, ESPN Radio 99.5 also plans to carry a game of the week for SDSU men’s and women’s basketball during the upcoming 2009-10 season.

Also joining the network as an affiliate for women’s basketball is KGFX 1060 AM in Pierre. KJJQ 910 AM of Brookings will again serve as the flagship station for women’s basketball broadcasts, with WNAX 570 AM also carrying nearly every regular season game.

WNAX continues its long partnership with Jackrabbit Athletics as the flagship station for football and men’s basketball, providing five-state coverage in the Upper Midwest.

This is a big step for SDSU!

Go State!

Re: SDSU on the Radio in the Hills

Keep it going, nice work!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No question we are going in the right direction. Soon we will have a carvan from the Hills heading east on game day or maybe the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        No question we are going in the right direction. Soon we will have a carvan from the Hills heading east on game day or maybe the day before.
        I think that I see people from the Black Hills at every game I attend, and I have made all five of the football games this year. The Jackrabbits are well represented by fans in western South Dakota. Thank you to SDSU for making them more accessible on the radio when we cannot make the trip east.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Our new AD is really making things happen. It's great to see.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Anybody know how the broadcast went for the hills? I will be out there off and on over the holidays and it would be nice to have access to the basketball games.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Anybody know how the broadcast went for the hills? I will be out there off and on over the holidays and it would be nice to have access to the basketball games.
              IDK I couldn't pick it up here in Spearfish.... but I've picked up that station fine before but just couldn't get it Saturday.... I'll listen next week and see if I can get it better.

Comment

wouldn't tonights mbb game be on the radio out here?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                  IDK, the way I understood it is they will only have one game a week and I would guess that they would broadcast the game friday against Wyoming?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                    If you did not get the game last night, it was not all that exciting. More like a practice, the four freshman( not the muscial group) played and the margin of victory was less than 20 pts. Friday game will be more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      If you did not get the game last night, it was not all that exciting. More like a practice, the four freshman( not the muscial group) played and the margin of victory was less than 20 pts. Friday game will be more interesting.
                      There are not many of us on here that remember The Four Freshmen, but I do!

Were they "upperclassmen" compared to you Nidaros?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                        There are not many of us on here that remember The Four Freshmen, but I do!

Were they "upperclassmen" compared to you Nidaros?
                        Yeah they were. But Mike you are creating thread drift here.

Comment

Working...
                        X