Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
    The top 4 teams are seeded 1-4 and they get home field as long as they are the higher seed. The rest are bidded, so it comes down to who's in that's not seeded (stadium cap and attendance), geography (they try to keep travel costs down), and the first round you can not play someone from your confrence.
    The travel costs I don't think matter much for where we would play and/or who we would play. Once its over something like 300 miles the NCAA considers it a plane flights, and once your in that territory the distance doesn't matter. The proximity thing is somewhat true, I doubt you'd see us play Univeristy of New Hampshire for instance, but a team like Stephen F. Austin perhaps would be likely, if we don't get sent to Missoula.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Yeah travel not so much for us, but if SIU gets in they will most likely play the OVC champion, and other east coast/southeast teams are rather close to each other, so you end up shipping a team to/from New Hampshire to/from the midwest. In all likelihood if we make the playoffs we be on our way to Montana.
      Go State! Go State!

Comment

Chances RC plays Saturday? 50/50? Do we want him to play now that TOB's getting warmed up?

What about J. Steffen? That would be a huge boost. Tony Thompson was solid Saturday, but Steffen has been great and a little more depth can't hurt.

Comment

Playoffs? I know that is one of the ultimate goals but let's keep the focus this week on defeating UNI. We haven't done that yet and they aren't about to be intimidated by a team that has beaten teams they regularly beat themselves. We needed to be 5-1 at this point in the season and we should celebrate the fact that we are. However, the real tests start now. UNI, YSU (down program but on their home field) and SIU huge games with UNI being the biggest one of them all, primarily because they are the next opponent. I'm pumped and plan to be there with bells on, at least in the tailgate lot.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I like our chances against UNI as I feel we have more mudders on the team.
            Yes, combined with 40 carries for over 200 yards on the ground again this week would be the ticket to a victorious Hobo Day.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Playoffs? I know that is one of the ultimate goals but let's keep the focus this week on defeating UNI. I'm pumped and plan to be there with bells on, at least in the tailgate lot.
              You are very correct. Got a bit ahead of myself there. 1-0! Pound the.....Panthers
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

There have been comments about our level of play dropping off at times in the NDSU game and I do think it did happen. We need to play 60 minutes of football this Saturday and need to have a least one more point than UNI in order to start thinking about playoffs and what have you.

Since playoffs have come into being in 1973, SDSU has been part of it once as a D2 member in 1979. So yes we are hungry for appearences but l think we need to handle the Panthers first.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Playoffs? I know that is one of the ultimate goals but let's keep the focus this week on defeating UNI.
                  I agree, lets not get the cart ahead of the horse.

Comment

1-0 this week, that's the goal... 1-0.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                      I agree, lets not get the cart ahead of the horse.
                      Or the jackrabbit ahead of the carrot.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Chances RC plays Saturday? 50/50? Do we want him to play now that TOB's getting warmed up?

What about J. Steffen? That would be a huge boost. Tony Thompson was solid Saturday, but Steffen has been great and a little more depth can't hurt.
                        I don't know what the chances for Craw to play are, but you only have to look at the statistics to see that he definitely adds something to the offense. His experience just means more options.

If RC can't go, TOB will do fine. He played great against NDSU. That play where he used his feet to extend the play then threw a pass on the run, way up high where only Mike Steffen could get it was really something. The kid's only going to get better. Just think: We get to watch him for three more years after this one!
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

With all the emphasis the media put into the "revenge" factor that Minnet, Domino, & O'Brien had against NDSU, there are probably just as many players that were snubbed by UNI.

Did some research and listed are players that see the field a good amount that lived within 3 hours of UNI.

SR WR Glen Fox - Fairfax, IA (1 hr southeast)
                          JR PK Peter Reifenrath - Decorah, IA (2 hrs northeast)
                          SO LB Dirk Kool - Fairfield, IA (3 hrs south)
                          SO LB Erich Feller - Charles City, IA (1 hr south)
                          FR LB Ross Shafrath - Hampton, IA (1.5 hrs northwest)

Let's hope that Fox gets a couple TD's, Reifenrath kicks 4 FG's, and the other three make a bunch of special teams tackles!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post

I understand that Crawford's goal is to be back for the 10/31 game against Youngstown. I also understand that Jake Steffen's knee is feeling a lot better than Crawford's. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                              I understand that Crawford's goal is to be back for the 10/31 game against Youngstown. I also understand that Jake Steffen's knee is feeling a lot better than Crawford's. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field Saturday.
                              Getting Steffen back would be huge. That frees Batten up to do a lot more different things like he did early in the season.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                Getting Steffen back would be huge. That frees Batten up to do a lot more different things like he did early in the season.
                                That's a big 10-4 good buddy.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X