Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    With two of the statistically top defenses in the FCS, this could really come down to field position. Getting first downs and punting may not be a bad thing, for awhile. Three and out and punt to midfield is a recipe for a bad outcome. The team forcing punts from inside the opponent 15 yd line is going to have a huge advantage. Obviously scoring is necessary, but keeping the opponent on their side of midfield is important. I don't see a shootout.

IF the Jacks get the lead, they need to get the killer instinct in their eye on offense. They could have beat the Bison by 4 TD's last week. They had the killer instinct on defense, not so much on offense. The Panthers are a better team than the Bison and have played in more big games than the Jacks with their playoff experience, they will know how to come from behind. When you get the enemy down, don't get up and turn around and let him kick your @$$ from the blindside...head-butt him, bloody him up and knock him out!
    Agree 100%. Vikings had a similar problem on Sunday and in other games this year. The field position game killed us against Cal-Poly, killed us. I realize the game wasn't necessarily lost on field position but it played a huge role.

If we get the ball first move it enough to pin them deep if we can't score. No 40 plus yard FG attempts unless we have the wind and the footing is good. If they get the ball first stop them in their tracks and get a big return. Obviously every fan, player and coach wants to see this happen, it just seems so easy...........
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      Only two games come into the same realm.
      IMO, no game I can remember has had this kind of importance.

Jacks aren't playing 'spoiler' here as they were in '07 & '86.

This isn't a game so much as it is, potentially, a coming out party for the Jacks.

-----

These kind of games don't come around all that often----

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Partly Cloudy, 50 degrees, wind 10-15 mph.

It did rain about 1" on Wednesday about 50 miles south of B-town and I think they got about the same.
        Actually the area around Brookings got around .6" of rain.

Comment

All checked into the hotel, waiting to go get something to eat. Having a few beers in the room and watching FB on the tube. Reading the forum and getting ready for tomorrow. Man I still love Hobo Days. Cannot wait for the game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
            All checked into the hotel, waiting to go get something to eat. Having a few beers in the room and watching FB on the tube. Reading the forum and getting ready for tomorrow. Man I still love Hobo Days. Cannot wait for the game tomorrow.

Hobo Day! Have fun, I think I'll crack a beer now that you mention it.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I'm hearing a lot of the Ag people will not be in Brookings as they will be in the fields with a window of dry weather. Could effect attendence.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                Hobo Day! Have fun, I think I'll crack a beer now that you mention it.
                I know it should be singular, but after last night it truly is Hobo Days!!! Ohhhh, I am tired.

Comment

Anyone (Panther or Jacks fans) in the Cedar Falls area - The game is listed on my digital guide on Mediacom channel 22.

Big game for the both teams today! Time for the Jacks to show they are tops in the conference.

Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!
                  Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                  -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
                    I'm sure it has been posted here somewhere but I couldn't find it... is this game televised?
                    I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, so I apologize if it has.

I know the game preview story on gojacks.com said the game would be on both Mediacom and Midcontinent. However it will NOT be LIVE on Midcontinent today. My understanding is Midcontinent will replay the game tape delayed later in the week.
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

Working...
                    X