Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

Well, now that I have spent the day smiling to myself after last night, I think it is time to move on to our next opponent, the UNI panthers. After losing to SIU at home, they are going to be some ticked off kitties. But its our homecoming, and we usually play very well on Hobo Day. Looking at their two most recent games, their defense seems much more mortal than they did at the beginning of the year, having given up 800+ yards in the last two games. They appear to rely pretty heavily on their QB Pat Grace, who, from what the Panther fans are saying, had a terrible game on Saturday. This is going to be the second big test for the Jacks, fortunately its at home in what should be an electric atmosphere. Hopefully the guys play a great game, because I'm fairly certain the Panthers are going to be playing angry.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Hobo Day-UNI Panthers

http://www.panthernation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Pretty confident bunch over there.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wonder what the Captain has to say. I hope it is freezing out there. Panthers have it too nice in their SingleDome (see what I did there?).
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
        I wonder what the Captain has to say. I hope it is freezing out there. Panthers have it too nice in their SingleDome (see what I did there?).
        MonoDome?
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

With the Cal Poly loss, this is a must win for the playoffs. It will be difficult for an 8-3 Jacks squad to make the playoffs. I believe UNI may be more vulnerable right now than SIU late in the season. Let's hope our play calling isn't as conservative this week or it could be a long day for our defense.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
            With the Cal Poly loss, this is a must win for the playoffs. It will be difficult for an 8-3 Jacks squad to make the playoffs. I believe UNI may be more vulnerable right now than SIU late in the season. Let's hope our play calling isn't as conservative this week or it could be a long day for our defense.
            I have to disagree. I think an 8-3 Jackrabbit team is a lock for a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              I have to disagree. I think an 8-3 Jackrabbit team is a lock for a playoff spot.
              We'll only have one marquee win and the CAA teams will have at least two (most of the CAA playoff-caliber teams also have an FBS win). I can see an 8-3 UNI getting in, but with no past playoff experience the Jacks may get overlooked.
              If we win this weekend, that'll take care of a lot of these questions.

Comment

I think I read the MonoDome (that's the one I like better) had a record crowd of 17,190 last weekend.

Let's top that and break the CAS attendance record.

Get primed and get loud! It's Hobo Day and it's a HUGE game!

Comment

We'll only have one marquee win and the CAA teams will have at least two (most of the CAA playoff-caliber teams also have an FBS win). I can see an 8-3 UNI getting in, but with no past playoff experience the Jacks may get overlooked.
                  If we win this weekend, that'll take care of a lot of these questions.
                  To make 8-3, the Jacks are going to either have to #1, beat a perennial power (UNI or SIU) OR #2, beat an FBS school (UofM). 8-3...65% of the time, it gets you to the playoffs every time.

Comment

Whoever plays at QB, they need to open up the field more. Thes 3-5 yard passes aren't cutting it. And why do we stop playing the QB at halftime? We did against MSU and then we did against NDSU. Let QB's throw, especially O'Brien ishe's in there. It shouldn't matter if it's 1st quarter of 3rd quarter- throw the ball and stretch the defense. We should have scored in the 40's.

Comment

IMO, I think that the UNI game hinges on our running game. We cannot get into a shootout with the Panthers. The Jacks need to be able to control the offensive line of scrimmage and open some holes for Kyle and Co. Once they can establish the run as a legitimate weapon, use the play-action pass to stretch the field.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If the Jacks go 8-3 they are a lock for the playoffs. I believe Terry V has said that no 8 win Missouri Valley team has never not made the playoffs.

Plus if we go 8-3 that means that we would have beat either UNI, SIU, or UofM. Any of the three means we have a big win under our belts. The challenge now is if we can win the big game that has eluded this program.

Comment

Man, this is gonna suck, trying to win at Brookings, outside, sh*tty weather.

Initially, I'm sayin' the Jacks drub the Cats by 7 or more.

Comment

The only item I thought that was conservative Saturday night was taking a knee before the half and that could be defended because State got the ball to start the 2nd half. Otherwise if you opponent can't stop the run why change it?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              If the Jacks go 8-3 they are a lock for the playoffs. I believe Terry V has said that no 8 win Missouri Valley team has never not made the playoffs.

Plus if we go 8-3 that means that we would have beat either UNI, SIU, or UofM. Any of the three means we have a big win under our belts. The challenge now is if we can win the big game that has eluded this program.
                              I remember TV writting that too.

Comment

Working...
                              X