• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Game Thread

Here's Montana schedule and results to start this thread:

11/10/2006   Montana State-Northern     W  83-42  
    11/13/2006   @ Utah Valley State           L  57-74  
    11/15/2006   @ Wyoming                      L  71-76  
    11/23/2006   West Virginia                    L  56-73   (Old Spice Classic)
    11/24/2006   Virginia Tech                    L  56-77   (Old Spice Classic)
    11/26/2006   Minnesota                        W  72-65   (Old Spice Classic)
    12/3/2006     Boise State                      W  62-58  
    12/6/2006     Western Kentucky             L  65-81  

Notice the win against Minnesota.

Re: Montana Game Thread

A little info about the Griz:

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi...ax=1&-find

Back to back games by the Griz (Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon) could be a good thing for our Jacks who play them on Sunday.

Go State!

Comment

I'm suprised they beat us so handily in 82-83. I think that was Tetzlaff's freshman year. Looking forward to evening the series.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Our game time with Montana has been changed. I saw this in the Montan release and it is also on Go Jacks.com:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5573

Time change for Montana game

BROOKINGS, S.D. - The start time for the South Dakota State at Montana game on Sunday in Missoula, Montana has been moved up one hour from 1:35 p.m. MT (2:35 CT) to 12:35 p.m. MT (1:35 p.m. CT)

Go State!

Comment

A little bit more about Montana.

Andrew Strait is their leading scorer at 16.3 points a game and averages 7 rebounds a game. Matt Dlouhy averages 12.1 points and 4.8 rebounds a game. Jordan Hasquet averages 9.8 points a game and 6.1 rebounds a game. Together they average 17.9 of the teams 32.0 rebounds a game, so keeping them off the boards should be a key. They average 38.2 of the teams' 65.2 points a game average or just over 58.58% of the teams' points. Shooting wise they shoot 44.1% from the field, 31.3% from 3 point land, and 64.5% from the line, which looks to be their weak spot. At 13.75 turnovers a game they look like they handle the ball well, our defense might have to step up a notch. Strait is averaging over a block a game and has 11 on the season. They allow 68.2 points a game up to opponents, and if we step up and play like we did in Denver we could have win number 3 on the year. They average a 20 difference between 1st and 2nd halves. While giving up double that between the 2 halves to opponents. They keep it close in the first half from the looks of things, and then it gets away in the second half.

Spearfish native Matt Martin could start the game, he has averaged 5.5 points, 1.5 rebounds, and about 2.5 assists a game. Has horrible shooting percentages on the year but will see some minutes about 23.5 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
            I'm suprised they beat us so handily in 82-83. I think that was Tetzlaff's freshman year. Looking forward to evening the series.

I think Larry Krystkowiak was a Senior that year, and Montana fooled with the top 25 most of the year. I think that was one of their better teams ever.

Comment

Here's to the Jacks game and hopefully victory againt the Grizz. Montana is having a down year and this is a game we can win. I don't like South Dakota kids to not do good, but heres to hoping Matt Martin leaves the game with a loss!!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Ick not good, Caddy might be out of service today due to sickness.

Comment

Pregame is on now

Comment

Did I hear right . . . Kleinjan and Frias will be the starting forwards?

Hoo boy . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is there any video/Tv coverage of this game?

Comment

Who's in the starting lineup this game ??

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54
                          Who's in the starting lineup this game ??
                          I think it's Callahan, Casey, Kleinjan, Frias, and Loney.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Mainly guards and Loney, no freshmen playing to start. Plus we got a sick Cadwell.

Comment

Another double-digit run . . . Jacks score the first five points, Montana comes back to score the next 12 . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X