Assistant AD Mark Burgers Back to Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistant AD Mark Burgers Back to Creighton

Associate AD for External Affairs Mark Burgers, brother of Associate AD for Development Mike Burgers, is headed back to his alma mater as an Associate Athletic Director.

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArtic...CLID=204790976

Here is the link. Too bad we lose him. Good luck to Mark!
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Re: Assistant AD Mark Burgers Back to Creighton

I just have a feeling that there may be a lot of comings and goings between SDSU and Creighton--I don't know anything to support that, just a feeling.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That's too bad. Good for Mark. He impressed the heck out of me.

Comment

Mark did a good job. Much of what's happening with television is entirely his doing. He took the initiative on things like the Mediacom and Midcontinent agreements last year, for example.

Good luck to Mark, and thanks for what you did at SDSU.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Mark was impressive, sorry to see him leave so soon.

Comment

I unfortunatley haven't met Mark, but I had heard rumblings of this from friends in Omaha and alum of Creighton. They make it seem like this kid (late 20's I believe) walks on water. #2 behind Bruce Rasmussen, whom is highly touted within the NCAA, is a tremendous opportunity. SDSU is a better place because of his short stint and I wish him best of luck at Creighton. I think it is also a compliment to SDSU for the type of coaches/staff they hire and are able retain. I look forward to hopefully meeting him in the near future...as well as his brother.

Comment

I hope we don't lose his brother, too. You can't find two much nicer people.

Comment

He's going to be the next AD at Creighton. He's known as Mr. Omaha down there.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  He's going to be the next AD at Creighton. He's known as Mr. Omaha down there.
                  Both Mark and Mike are super guys and were great hires by Dr. Oien, whom I know feels they have been tremendous for the program. It was only a matter of time for Mark as SSUA08 is correct...he will be their next AD. Now I just hope that SDSU can keep Mike happy...most of the major gift raising contacts the past year or so were in the hands of Fred Oien and the two Burger brothers. The department and Justin Sell need at least some continuity in that area (and I'm sure he knows that). Best of luck to Mark...SDSU will miss him!

Comment

I think Keith Mahlum had a lot to do with gifts for the athletic program too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                      I think Keith Mahlum had a lot to do with gifts for the athletic program too.
                      Absolutely...but I didn't include him, because he left the department and joined the Foundation staff, and has different responsibilities now. There is no question he was instrumental in major gifting calls when he was with the department. Mike Burgers filled his spot when he went to the Foundation.

Comment

http://creighton.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=987110

Comment

Working...
                        X