• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Facts about SDSUFans.com

I took a look at the stats for the site, for the month of August:

Total hits: 2.5 million
    Total visits: 48,667
    Total KBytes: 12.4 million--12.4 GB

In case you're wondering, my particular hosting plan allows up to 200 GB/month transfer rate. The peak for the past year was last March, when we hit 30.7 GB--that would be during the women's basketball run, I imagine. (That's for both SDSUFans.com and my blog site Medary.com--I didn't split out the stats until this June--but the blog's traffic is piddling compared to the colossus which is SDSUFans.com). In case you're *really* wondering, it costs $29.95 a month (not including the domain name and software fees).

I'm watching the disk space, though, since I'm allowed 3,000 MB, and at last check, I was using about 2/3 of that. Some of that was backup files, that I cleaned up.

Anyway, I thought I'd put a stake in the ground at the beginning of this academic year, so we can watch our little site grow (hopefully) as the Jacks continue the march into D-I.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Fun Facts about SDSUFans.com

Would you consider organizational sponsorships? For example, might the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication place a banner ad for our new entirely online master's degree to pay for a month? I'm asking because we do have marketing money for the program. And we're looking for advertising opportunities where we might find mid-career professionals looking for a program like ours.

If anybody's interested (shameless plug) the online master's program's Web site is:

http://www.journalismmsonline.info

What do you think?
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

JJ, clever picture to advertise the program. But I have a feeling most younger folks will be clueless as to what they are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
        JJ, clever picture to advertise the program. But I have a feeling most younger folks will be clueless as to what they are looking at.
        We call that a "form filler-outer" these days. Our target for the program is mid-career professionals. We have 19 in the first cohort that just started the program.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Would you consider organizational sponsorships? For example, might the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication place a banner ad for our new entirely online master's degree to pay for a month? I'm asking because we do have marketing money for the program. And we're looking for advertising opportunities where we might find mid-career professionals looking for a program like ours.

If anybody's interested (shameless plug) the online master's program's Web site is:

http://www.journalismmsonline.info

What do you think?
          But that would entail me having to figure out how to put a banner ad up in the first place, now wouldn't it?

I've been successfully avoiding that for some time now.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
          X