Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

Lightbulb Re: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

Thanks for all the support, information, and prayers...

We have less than 2 weeks to go... so you may see a push from me to try and gain more donations, spread the word etc... hopefully it won't bother anyone... Send me a private message if you think I should back off a bit..

The donations that have been coming in have been wonderful, thank you. I also know that not everyone can do a monetary donation... but please keep in mind that even thoughts and prayers can do wonders. I honestly have been amazed at the people who have come forward...

This is a rather humbling experience for me and my family... thank you again.

Wink Re: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

keep the donations coming in -- we are still well short of our goal.. thanks so much to those that have already donated...

http://www.walknowforautism.org/siouxfalls/joewiemann

Much thanks to all... I am hoping we can still hit our goal... but obviously time is running short...

thanks for all your support, thoughts and prayers...

Joe

Default Re: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

I have been watching this thread now for 10 days. I don't know the Wiemann family whatsoever, but they are dealing with a tough circumstance like many other fine people across this nation.

For SDSU fans, it's a fellow Rabbit calling out for much needed assistance, and for people in general, it's a wakeup for us to help those that are far needier than the majority of us. This isn't rivalry talk, this is a challenge to those of us on this board to support an excellent cause. Whether it is for the autistic charity, cancer, heart, etc....millions of people need our prayers and hard earned dollars to deal with strenuous situations.

I challenege all the posters on here to give what you can to help this family out. God's blessings to all, and especially to this family. Please take 3 minutes to go to websire and make a tax deductible pledge.

Good luck Wiemanns.

Wink Re: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

For those of you who don't know much about autism or how it affects people I found a great site today so I thought I would share it since there does seem to be some interest in the topic....

http://autism.about.com/od/whatisautism/tp/topfacts.htm

I thought that the information there filled a great need for a concise introduction to autism along with links for more in depth information.

Yote - thanks so much for the support and encouragment of our cause... we sincerely appreciate it.

I have a feeling that others have donated to the walk from this site as well.. as well as additional thoughts and prayers for the autism community... thank you to all of you as well....

If you read my post about my son, you will find this tidbit of information.
    As a family, we have decided to make an effort to increase autism awareness.
    I hope I am accomplishing that by posting on this site. Based on some of the responses in this thread it would appear that I am...

Thanks for anything and everything the members of this site are doing for this thread and all of the people it truely affects. trust me, the reaches go out far beyond my family and my son.

Today marks a week out from this event... please consider donating or participating in this walk...

I cannot express what this means to all those involved in the autism community....

at the urging of some others I have added the kids to our team.. actually our whole family is added now...

We continue to get some pretty good donations... I think we are at about 60% of last years total right now for the whole sioux falls walk... not sure what comes in the day of the walk....

Please consider donating to the walk or else if you aren't doing anything this saturday come out and join us....

We will have team t-shirts as well.. so definitely come up and say hi if you do make it to the walk...
    - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Thumbs up Re: Oct 3 - Walk Now For Autism - Sioux Falls

We are right around 50% of our goal for the walk... we would greatly appreciate any help to get to our goal...

regardless we have been more then blessed by people who have donated, and we thank you, it really does mean more than you could imagine...

I am actually about as excited about the walk as I usually am for a SDSU athletic event,

Just looking forward to the opportunity to visit with others who are going through or have been through the same struggles, and issues that we deal with every day...
    - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit_Joe View Post
    We are right around 50% of our goal for the walk... we would greatly appreciate any help to get to our goal...

regardless we have been more then blessed by people who have donated, and we thank you, it really does mean more than you could imagine...

I am actually about as excited about the walk as I usually am for a SDSU athletic event,

Just looking forward to the opportunity to visit with others who are going through or have been through the same struggles, and issues that we deal with every day...
    I challenge all posters on here to a pledge of $50. If Jackrabbit_Joe reaches their team pledge by Friday night from the actions of this board, I will double my pledge to put them over.

This is one USD/SDSU competition where everyones a winner. Let the games begin. The challenge is made.

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    I challenge all posters on here to a pledge of $50. If Jackrabbit_Joe reaches their team pledge by Friday night from the actions of this board, I will double my pledge to put them over.

This is one USD/SDSU competition where everyones a winner. Let the games begin. The challenge is made.
    Challenge accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Challenge accepted.
    EXCELLENT...........Now, y'all got some work to do to raise the money today. Look at it like you are behind Cal-Poly by 2 with under 2 minutes to go. Drive the field and score the field goal. You win.

Raise the money and I tip it over. Game on. This is one game where everyone wins.