Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009-2010 SDSU Enrollment Estimate Thread

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Everyone seems to expect a pretty healthy jump. I'll go with a modest 12,110
    Probably a good strategy. I think Freshman enrollment will increase slightly, but most of the gains will probably come from retention of juniors and seniors, which has been a point of emphasis since President Chicoine arrived.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Everyone seems to expect a pretty healthy jump. I'll go with a modest 12,110

I too will use the same strategy.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

12,522 just because, no rationalization from me.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

12,428. Book it!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

just to be a smarty I will say 12,345

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              just to be a smarty I will say 12,345
              Beat me to it!

Comment

I'll say net increase of 150 because of economy , for a figure of 12,145.Hope no one else had that pick .

Comment

Just delivered SDSU daughter #2 to Btown today. She is in a dayroom due to overcrowding. She is happier than heck since the rooms are so big. As of 3:00 PM today, we are officially empty nesters. The only problem w/ two in college I am also at my maximum spending potential.

Filbert took my guess, but I am going with 12,451.

Got any more Bud Light, Honey?

Comment

I'll guess 12,483.

Comment

1... just in case you all overbid
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Official NDSU numbers are in: 14,198 total, 11,733 undergrad, 2,103 grad students, and 353 professional students. In total, NDSU is up 960 from last year. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

Hey Hammer, those are some nice looking numbers. Here in SD alot is measured on FTE counts. Do you guys keep those up north?
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                            Hey Hammer, those are some nice looking numbers. Here in SD alot is measured on FTE counts. Do you guys keep those up north?
                            We do, but it takes longer for those numbers to come out. Our State Board of Higher Ed(SBoHE - similar to your BoR) puts out a report in late November or early December that gives a medium amount of information. The full-detail report doesn't come out for a year beyond that(it includes the spring semester). Last year's headcount at NDSU was 13,229. 11,004 of those were full-time students, and the part-time students made up 793 FTEs for a total of 11,797 FT+FTE. Total credit hours for undergrads were 157,204, grad students racked up 11,587, and 5,710 were done by professional students. All together that totals 174,501 credit hours for the fall semester of 2008.

A lot of people(and by this I mean people who support UND) don't realize that NDSU has one of the highest(if not the highest) rate of FTE vs headcount of all the major Dakota schools. In fact, over 90% of our undergrads are full-time students. The only thing that hurts our total number is that only one third of our grad students are considered full-time. I think that's because a full course load for grad students at NDSU is 12 credits instead of the 15 credits for undergrads(I think that's pretty common). Since the full-time cut-off is 12 credits, it's very common for grad students to fall just below that number(10 or 11 credits) and become listed as part-time students even though they are full-time in all other ways. It's also probably related to the growing pains of almost tripling the number of grad students in the last decade. When Chapman took over in 1999, I think we had around 750 grad students. This year, we've got a touch over 2,100. I think that number is the one that impresses me the most. We should hit a headcount of over 15,000 next year, and we might just break 16,000 in 2010(though I suspect we'll fall about 100 short of that). I don't know how long this growth will last, but it's sure a wild ride.

Comment

The enrollment numbers are out. SDSU is at 12376, up by 381. Perhaps more important, we went over 10,000 full time equivalent this year, at 10197, up 297 from last year. More info is available at this site.

http://www.sdbor.edu/publications/do...Enrollment.pdf

Comment

unless I'm mistaken, smarty-pants leeshajo wins the pool.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X