Push in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Push in Sioux Falls

I think that all the "Go Jacks" athletes that will be there today are looking forward to it. Hope there is a great turn out for the picnic and the pre-scrimmage games and autograph session. Please let those of us who can't make it know how it went sfjacksfan99.

Comment

First of all I would like to thank Justin Sell for this idea. I hope he thought it was a success.

I can't say I was at the whole event last night as this bad father put his two year old in shorts and a Jacks t-shirt as it was sunny when we left home and then it clouded over and cooled off, so we were there from about 4:15 to 6:15 before she had enough.

Positives: 1. The bookstore, which appeared to have done some business 2. Seemed like quite a few kids which enjoyed the blow up equipment 3. Lots of presence of coaches and athletes 4. I got the coolest picture of my daughter in her "Go Jacks" shirt with the field in the background, the only thing ruling this out as a christmas card picture is the dude's head in front of us in the background also.

Negatives: 1. No contact practice (which after I saw TV's blog this morning understood why) 2. No Jackrabbit mascot for the kids 3. Left my football poster under my seat rounding up my two year old as we left

When we got there it looked pretty bleak as far as attendance was concerned, but by the time the scrimmage started, it was about what i expected.

Thanks again the the athletic department and I hope to see this again next year. I'll get the golfing into my schedule next year.

Comment

I didn't make the scrimmage but had a nice conversation with Justin Sell at the lunch at the Sertoma Park lunch. Not surprisingly, he struck me as intelligent and professional, and I thought he was very sincere in our discussion about how to continue to increase the excitement of Jackrabbit athletics in all of South Dakota and in the region.

I think our favorite state university hired the right man for this job. In 10 years, we'll be talking about how far Jackrabbit Ahtletics and SDSU in general has come under his guidance of the athletic department.
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
        X