Push in Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push in Sioux Falls

Sounds like we are going to do some major marketing in Sioux Falls.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...RTS02/90811002

Re: Push in Sioux Falls

I wonder when the scrimmage and tailgating would be? I would really love to go down for that!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I believe 5:00 pm at Howard Wood field.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

As of January 1, 2009
        SDSU Alumni per Co.

1. Minnehaha Co. - 6984
        Lincoln Co. - 718

2. Brookings Co. - 3488
        3. Pennington Co. - 2263
        4. Codington Co. - 975
        5. Hughes Co. - 965

Facts are friendly.

Go State!

Comment

Brilliant! Certainly not going to match the Bison who have over 9,000 football season tickets sold unless you put more more emphasis on the larger markets like Sioux Falls.

Comment

This is great. A nice primer to get pumped up for the season. Count me and the family in.
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Long overdue. Sioux Falls IS and SHOULD BE the Jackrabbits' primary marketing area--not just Brookings County.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think this scrimmage is a good thing to take to SF and/or Rapid. That isn't anything new though. All the "other stuff" they are doing is different. I don't ever see a football game moving to SF.
                They took a basketball game down there a few years ago. If that is over Christmas break, I'm all for it. I think moving too many games there when school is in, isn't right. The students are on campus and some of them don't want to go to SF. I would think it is a good excuse to go there. They could bus them there but I don't see that happening. I know that tons of students don't show up and the students aren't big donors but they should have the option without driving down there.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                  I think this scrimmage is a good thing to take to SF and/or Rapid. That isn't anything new though. All the "other stuff" they are doing is different. I don't ever see a football game moving to SF.
                  They took a basketball game down there a few years ago. If that is over Christmas break, I'm all for it. I think moving too many games there when school is in, isn't right. The students are on campus and some of them don't want to go to SF. I would think it is a good excuse to go there. They could bus them there but I don't see that happening. I know that tons of students don't show up and the students aren't big donors but they should have the option without driving down there.
                  I would agree. I for one have resented the comments about the old folks who sit on their hands and enjoy the game, but I do not deny these programs are for the students. Sure we get the back seat chair by donating cash, but really without the students being there at the games, you have a big missing element. Student apathy seems to be a national problem and maybe SDSU is not doing all that bad when compared to the commmuter schools in the Summit, but we need other adults in attendence too so SF is where they can come from.

The students are donors in the sense that they do pay activity fees. They may not realize it but they are.

I was impressed with the student turnout in the WNIT hosted game, and maybe apparent lack of interest that we seen at other events has to do with the quality of the product on the floor.
                  Whether its students or SF people, the product and the ability of winning games is a major consideration in attending. SF people should be reading the Argus and if we are winning the promotion is there and shucks I would think it would be good to get out of town once in a while and head north to Brookings for a game.

I am sure many recall the UCDavis game at Howard Field. You could not ask for a more exciting game,but the crowd was mostly SDSU alum like myself that would never miss a home game, no matter how bad the product. So efforts in SF are needed and I do hope we are very successful in creating bumper to bumper traffic on I-29 North on game day.

Comment

SDSU Jacks need to get Sioux Falls EXCITED about the WONDERFUL events happening in Brookings, and make certain that Sioux Falls KNOWS how SDSU VALUES the community, our alumni there, and anyone that gets thrilled about this STRONG D-I program in their backyard.

Marketing, making Sioux Falls a HUGE part of Jackrabbit NATION needs to occur!

Comment

Has SDSU ever considered a branch campus in SF, or would that be too close to Dakota State and USD to be politically viable? I know it's not the same, but our new downtown campus has been a big plus. I guess I would look for a couple needs in SF that SDSU could fill and then look for a part of town that could benefit from several hundred to a couple thousand students studying, living and working there. In our case, we moved our visual art and architecture departments downtown as well as the entire College of Business. Not only have we filled up vacant buildings and built them up, we've already spurred one major retail/housing structure and a second property sounds like it's about to be developed into student housing(marked that way by the developer; it's not going to be run by NDSU). Estimates are that 3,000 students will be living, learning and working downtown starting this fall. That's a pretty big impact. And it frees up some MUCH needed space on the main campus. I doubt you could do something like this in Brookings(the town's too small for it to really work), but maybe SF could support something.

Comment

Sioux Falls has something like that what known as University Center (formerly known as USDSU).

Linky

Comment

Here are the 4-year SDSU degrees currently offered at UC in Sioux Falls (more coming soon):

Bachelor's Degrees

Bachelor of Applied Technical Science - General Supervision specialization
                          B.S. Construction Management
                          B.S. Entrepreneurial Studies
                          B.S. Entrepreneurial Studies - Social Entrepreneurship Specialization
                          B.S. Consumer Affairs - Family Financial Planning Emphasis
                          B.S. Consumer Affairs - Resource Management Emphasis
                          B.S. Early Childhood Education
                          B.S.Human Development & Family Studies
                          B.S./B.A. Graphic Design
                          B.S. Health Promotion
                          B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies - Degree Completion
                          B.S. Journalism and Mass Communication - Media Production Specialization
                          B.S. Nursing (Accelerated)
                          B.S. Nursing (Upward Mobility)
                          B.S. Psychology

Master's Degrees

M.S. Nursing

Doctoral Degree

Ph.D. Nursing

And here's the new UC building:

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

There are attendance centers in Pierre and Rapid City too.

Comment

I'm so glad to see this. It was always my next dream aside from us going D1. Ever since I was a youngster I've said the SF market needs to be hit.....BIGTIME! I'm even on record as saying such on here!

I want our kids to grow up dreaming of being Jackrabbits, not bugeaters (Huskers) and Hawkeyes.

Come to SF Mr. Sell. Play a few games here a year!

TV made two good points on this issue....

1.) It's not the same as 2005...not for SDSU or SF.

2.) Oien was the best person to get us to D1...but Sell is the best to move us forward. I think that point is 200% dead on!

Comment

Working...
                              X