Woodside goes undrafted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Woodside goes undrafted

I think some fans are more disappointed that Ben didn't get drafted then Ben himself. From Ben's comments he knew it would be a long shot to get drafted. The only person I saw that said he expected Ben to get drafted was his agent, but that is what agents do. He can try and prove himself with the Twolves summer league or maybe go play in Europe. He has options which are good. Personally, his height does hurt him but I think his defense(or lack thereof) hurts him even more. I love the guy and what he did at NDSU but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      I'm confused, how is talking about Woodside playing in the D League tearing him down?
      Sorry, I guess my intent with that statement was misunderstood. I didn't think it was at all. I was just referring to all of the "I knew he wouldn't get drafted" statements. Of course hindsight is always 20/20. Nobody thought George Hill would get drafted last year either and wow, #26? Wood was a long-shot no doubt, but everyone already knew that.

And the reason I say he won't play in the D-League is because we talked about that a fair amount over the last few years and he said if he didn't make it to the NBA he would head to Europe. That's all.

Am I more disappointed he didn't get drafted than he is? Doubtful. He obviously did a lot to get where he is, but has always been a positive person, never really unsure of himself in any situation. Part of me believes over the last 18 months he was actually preparing himself for Europe, but that was just my impression.

Comment

It seems to me that Woodside is another Rocky Balboa story. He works harder than anybody else and continues to amaze and surprise people with grit, determination and some sure fire brain power. I think he's smarter than anyone else on the basketball floor.

I hated that guy and was in awe of that guy at the same time. If he thinks he will make it to the NBA, well, he'll make it ... and I'm going to clap for him because he deserves every accolade he gets.

Comment

Winkelman is going to Italy to play ball. No word on Woody yet.

Comment

a D-league salary is like 20-25 thousand depending on a few factors... my guess is he waits and sees how the summer league goes, if there are people saying that he has a good chance of earning a contract in the NBA he will stay in the Dleague if not he will go over seas where he can make a couple hundred thousand a year....

Comment

Woodside didn't play at all in the T-Wolves 1st summer league game and got a little tick in the 2nd game vs the D-League Select but didn't put up any stats.

Here's a quick tidbit from T-Wolves Blog www.canishoopus.com on Ben's chances.

"Unfortunately, the most disappointing story of the day was the end of any hope or thought that Ben Woodside had a shot at this level. As a 24 year old point with zero size and athleticism I was really hoping that at the very least his offensive shiftiness would translate just a little to the SL setting. It didn't. On top of that, his defense was beyond exposed. The guy was a college monster but at the end of the day he'll end up being more Eric Crouch than Peyton Manning. Here's hoping he gets a shot in Europe. "

I was hoping he would go to the Sioux Falls Skyforce for a year but looks like he is most likely headed to Europe. The cash and experience is better there anyways. Good Luck to Ben.

Comment

Working...
              X