Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argus Article

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    When any thread gets 6,500 views and 143 posts, it seems to me it has been pretty well discussed. I'll continue to call for locking a thread when similar situations happen in the future.
    I tried to stay out, but they pulled me back in with the discussion specifically of personnel records. With that exception, I agree.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      My gosh, I leave for four days and find a whole new thread on basically the same issue. I'll be brief:

Finally, obviously when a thread is locked, an aggrieved party can open a new thread on the same subject. Look what happened here...although I believe that this thread morphed into a different area and retains some small sense of "newness".
      #1, yes this thread is an offshoot of the previous except there has been reasoned discussion, some very good questions have been asked and learning has taken place.

You can't shut down every discussion that goes on because you are sensitive to what might be the topic or where it might end up going. If you are tired of reading it don't click. If it doesn't provide you with anything new don't reply.

I believe the moderator team does a great job of making sure that things stay at a certain level here. IF they deem its time to close I am sure there will be good reason.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        #1, yes this thread is an offshoot of the previous except there has been reasoned discussion, some very good questions have been asked and learning has taken place.

You can't shut down every discussion that goes on because you are sensitive to what might be the topic or where it might end up going. If you are tired of reading it don't click. If it doesn't provide you with anything new don't reply.

I believe the moderator team does a great job of making sure that things stay at a certain level here. IF they deem its time to close I am sure there will be good reason.

Second this... One could also see multiple posts and views as evidence it's a lively discussion on a good topic.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post

C'mon EQguy...I have never suggested locking a thread because I was "sensitive" to the topic. I have suggested it maybe 3-4 times on this board because it looked to be a waste of time to keep looking at new posts to see if anything "new" had been brought up...and after numerous checks nothing new ever appeared. My comments came in response to a recent post which said calling for a post to be shut down was "lame". Finally, suggesting locking a thread is just that...a suggestion. It's just as good, and maybe more to the point, than moving to multiple posts on pie and automobiles when a thread runs dry. OK JJ, I'm with you on getting drawn into this thread...but I don't dare suggest shutting it down!

Comment

Amen! Agreed on all points! Rep points for EQ!

Comment

Working...
            X