Argus reports "SDSU's cozy deal questioned"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argus reports "SDSU's cozy deal questioned"

If Kloucek is involved this bill is DOA. He is the least respected person in the legislature and has no credibility with his colleagues. Just a bumbling ..... Same guy who opposed SDSU's move to DI.

Comment

Frank had also posted a similar piece with the Argus, about 2 weeks ago. I did not want to give him any help so never posted the link to this board.

Comment

Frank's not very bright, of course that isn't against the law when serving as a legislator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
          Frank's not very bright, of course that isn't against the law when serving as a legislator.
          My guess is that he just found out about it.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Much as I hate to say it, Frank is an SDSU alum.

Comment

Yes, graduated magna dumb louday.

Comment

Just remember, 50% of the population is below average intelligence,
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I dont want to play moderator, but my memory tells me Frank signed up to this board some time back. Whether he comes here to lurk, I have no idea. Might be a good idea to be a little careful about what you might post.

Having been a tax preparer the last few years, and considering President's Chicoine publishhed circumstances, ie salary range, it might work to his advantage taxwise and PR wise to donate the Director fees from Montsano to the SDSU foundation for research other that which would be in Montesano's interest. Maybe its already in the President's plans, but I think it would be a good reverse play on Frank and the Argus if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I dont want to play moderator, but my memory tells me Frank signed up to this board some time back. Whether he comes here to lurk, I have no idea. Might be a good idea to be a little careful about what you might post.
                    I've got to let you know I'm having a fine chuckle right now about this . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

considering President's Chicoine publishhed circumstances, ie salary range, it might work to his advantage taxwise and PR wise to donate the Director fees from Montsano to the SDSU foundation for research
                      First, Nidaros, I am not addressing you directly in this next statement.
                      Why does how much he makes matter? He negotiated and accepted a salary that was commensurate with his experience. If your jealous, go to school, work hard, take some risks and maybe you to will have the chance also.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                        First, Nidaros, I am not addressing you directly in this next statement.
                        Why does how much he makes matter? He negotiated and accepted a salary that was commensurate with his experience. If your jealous, go to school, work hard, take some risks and maybe you to will have the chance also.
                        Thank you, I admire President Chicoine who graduated about 3 or 4 years behind me in the same discipline, Economics. Someone studied their butt off and some other guy(me) spent too much time at Jims Tap, though regretfull no resentment towards the President. He has done very well and he is a very brilliant person, and has a great personality that enables one to build a network of friends and acquaintences that is priceless. Go to Chicago and look for a job without a network. That I have done and with difficulty, but I bet David Chicoine could go to Chicago and find a job in an hour if he wanted to. So no resentment on my part only admiration, but now Frank.... different story, my feelings are of pity as I dont think he will be receiving a distinguished alumni award anytime soon.

Comment

but now Frank.... different story, my feelings are of pity as I dont think he will be receiving a distinguished alumni award anytime soon.
                          Careful, my friend... if ol' Frank is lurking, he might try and pass a bill trying to outlaw this board! LOL

Some politicians REALLY need to get lives.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            Careful, my friend... if ol' Frank is lurking, he might try and pass a bill trying to outlaw this board! LOL

Some politicians REALLY need to get lives.
                            Enough said.

Comment

At the risk of getting attacked myself, I'm wondering why the attacks on the senator are so personal here - i.e., on his intelligence. His position is defensible, even if you might not agree with it. Had the president decided to serve on the board of PETA, for instance, or AIG, or Merrill Lynch in its salad days, the reaction today might be something quite different. His is a public position, after all.
                              Last edited by NoVaJack; 06-20-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                At the risk of getting attacked myself, I'm wondering why the attacks on the senator are so personal here - i.e., on his intelligence. His position is defensible, even if you might not agree with it. Had the president decided to serve on the board of PETA, for instance, or AIG, or Merrill Lynch in its salad days, the reaction today might be something quite different. His is a public position, after all. crr
                                Long standing American tradition of making fun of politicians, I think. Plus Kloucek's past history of vocally opposing SDSU's D-I move hasn't made him many friends around these here Internet parts . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X