This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Stu article speculation

If Stu isn't working on this story, then who is? Maybe an inside the athletic department pay back - past or present. Sounds interesting that some of the people posting on here have read the article.

Just a thought!

Comment

I stand by my earlier comment. Unless somebody invents a mind-reading machine, we're just not going to know what happened here, and no story will be able to get to the bottom of it. And that's fine with me. It's old news as far as I'm concerned. What I really want is more information about the candidates currently being considered for the AD spot.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I stand by my earlier comment. Unless somebody invents a mind-reading machine, we're just not going to know what happened here, and no story will be able to get to the bottom of it. And that's fine with me. It's old news as far as I'm concerned. What I really want is more information about the candidates currently being considered for the AD spot.
        We have a BINGO!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Jackrabbit View Post
          If Stu isn't working on this story, then who is? Maybe an inside the athletic department pay back - past or present. Sounds interesting that some of the people posting on here have read the article.

Just a thought!
          I think the posts talking about having read the article were some posters trying to put some sarcasm/humor into all the speculation.

Comment

FWIW ... I'm with JimmyJack and SUPERBUNNY. Until I actually see something in print, the story doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned.
            "You trusted us"

Comment

I am beginning to think this thread should be retitled "RED HERRING", opps that could be a suggestion of ties to USD and I dont mean United States Dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                Stu's gotta be loving this right now. He's got 2 pages full of comments about an article that hasn't even made it to print yet.
                Now on page 6...
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Cue the "Jaws" music . . .
                  Hey, don't shoot the messenger fellas. There's going to be an article and it ain't gonna be good.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

And Stu's not writing it. Do the math on who is.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I've heard the same stuff. It's not a red herring. They're trying to get at this story. That doesn't mean it'll happen, though. Most people have moved on and really aren't interested in this stuff. I'd suspect that TV is having a hard time finding anybody to talk to. In Terry's defense: It's his job to look into these things. He doesn't work for SDSU. His job is to investigate the good and the bad about SDSU athletics. I have often found it amusing on live chats when people thank TV for "promoting" SDSU athletics. That's not his job. He covers SDSU. Good and bad.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

And to his credit, TV corrects the caller/poster each time I've heard/seen it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I've heard the same stuff. It's not a red herring. They're trying to get at this story. That doesn't mean it'll happen, though. Most people have moved on and really aren't interested in this stuff. I'd suspect that TV is having a hard time finding anybody to talk to. In Terry's defense: It's his job to look into these things. He doesn't work for SDSU. His job is to investigate the good and the bad about SDSU athletics. I have often found it amusing on live chats when people thank TV for "promoting" SDSU athletics. That's not his job. He covers SDSU. Good and bad.
                          I think you are right about people not wanting to go on the record for a negative article about someone who is no longer an employee.And,I don't think a "nameless source" kind of thing is going to see the light of day.

Comment

I be the first to admit that my red herring mention was a bad attempt at humor, but I think the Argus either has a story or they don't. I dont think we have to make excuses for the Argus and their attempts to invent a story any more than we have to take the good reporting with the bad. I think its time for the Argus to fish or cut bait. If rumors can not be confirmed as fact then there is no story. Its irriating to not be in the rumor loop and to wait for the other shoe to drop with an Argus story.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I think you are right about people not wanting to go on the record for a negative article about someone who is no longer an employee.And,I don't think a "nameless source" kind of thing is going to see the light of day.
                              Of course they dont want to go on record as part of a negative article. It could lead to personal damages in a lawsuit, plus possible violations or rules and policies at SDSU, that could cost them their job. I believe this is what its all about. Does the Argus care if this happens to people? I think they only want their story and nothing else. This is one time I am glad Mr Vandervec or even Mr.Whitney can not find people to talk to.

Comment

And with that I think we bid a hearty farewell to this thread.

If and when something hits the fan, we'll pick it up from there.

Thread closed.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X