This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Stu article speculation

I am hearing that Stu might have story in Sunday's paper that won't be good.

Re: Nice article by Stu....

When it comes to media coverage, you have to take the bad with the good. SDSU's athletics program gets overwhelmingly positive coverage in the Argus Leader. No point obsessing about the odd snarky column by Stu.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      When it comes to media coverage, you have to take the bad with the good. SDSU's athletics program gets overwhelmingly positive coverage in the Argus Leader. No point obsessing about the odd snarky column by Stu.
      I don't know if i would call Stu's snarky columns odd, more like the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
        I am hearing that Stu might have story in Sunday's paper that won't be good.
        I can't remember the last time I read a Stu article that was good.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I am hearing in may involve a former AD, some ugly truths may be coming out, things that may not have been publicly discussed before.

Comment

Can we be surprised? But will there be balance discussion of Jack Doyle and his Title IX screwups? What about Kelly Higgins who went to pursue academic interests? Those should be discussed as well as their departures from AD land was not all like the USD ADMIN wanted it to appear the public. Both were replaced. There is a bigger and broader story that should also be told as well.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I just hope its reporting and not commentary. I have a feeling it will be the latter and when it comes to Stu, well I don't need to say anymore.

I have a pretty good idea what its going to be about. I wonder if a little more info from SDSU before this article comes out might not have been prudent, I guess we will see.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

More raw Stuage coming? Oh, great.

I'm on record with my thoughts on his talents.

I guess we can all see what the fuss is about tomorrow.

GB, GB GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

If the story involves any of the stuff I heard at the league tourney... OH MY!
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

People can keep posting if they want to but in my view, speculation on what Stu may write just feeds his ego. I'm going to wait and hear (not wait and see -- I don't read his stuff).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      People can keep posting if they want to but in my view, speculation on what Stu may write just feeds his ego. I'm going to wait and hear (not wait and see -- I don't read his stuff).
                      A wise poster here has urged people not to let Stu rent space in their heads. Good advice.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

A wise poster here has urged people not to let Stu rent space in their heads. Good advice.
                        Its not so much about renting space, I am very curious about what will be mentioned in detail. Stu did say in one of his blogs that President Chicone owed SD a better explanation of Dr. Oien's departuere. Thats hardly snarky, but a bold statement to make. Does Stu know something we dont? I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Comment

Re: New Stu article speculation

I'm guessing he does know a few things about Fred's departure that we don't. If it's the kind of stuff I've heard through the grapevine, it'll be more suitable for a tabloid gossip column than anything else.

Whatever the story or column, there'll be a day or two of outrage/glee (depending on who's reacting) and then whatever it is will likely be forgotten. The Stu-haters will post repeatedly here about what a jerk he is (thus allowing him to occupy space in their heads, rent-free).

Meanwhile, Terry V. will continue to cover our athletic program on a daily basis, mostly good news. That's what I mean by taking the bad with the good. There's just no point obsessing about a bad story or column now and then when you're getting the kind of coverage SDSU athletics gets overall.

And I'm not criticizing people who will, no doubt, be frustrated by whatever Stu writes tomorrow. I probably will be angry, too. I'm just urging everyone to remember the larger context. It's a column in a newspaper that appears for one day in 60,000 papers that will get read by some fraction of that number (10 percent? 15?). It might become a larger story, if other media in the state decide to pick it up. Or it might fade away quickly. Ultimately, it'll be but a blip on the radar screen.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I'm guessing he does know a few things about Fred's departure that we don't. If it's the kind of stuff I've heard through the grapevine, it'll be more suitable for a tabloid gossip column than anything else.

Whatever the story or column, there'll be a day or two of outrage/glee (depending on who's reacting) and then whatever it is will likely be forgotten. The Stu-haters will post repeatedly here about what a jerk he is (thus allowing him to occupy space in their heads, rent-free).

Meanwhile, Terry V. will continue to cover our athletic program on a daily basis, mostly good news. That's what I mean by taking the bad with the good. There's just no point obsessing about a bad story or column now and then when you're getting the kind of coverage SDSU athletics gets overall.

And I'm not criticizing people who will, no doubt, be frustrated by whatever Stu writes tomorrow. I probably will be angry, too. I'm just urging everyone to remember the larger context. It's a column in a newspaper that appears for one day in 60,000 papers that will get read by some fraction of that number (10 percent? 15?). It might become a larger story, if other media in the state decide to pick it up. Or it might fade away quickly. Ultimately, it'll be but a blip on the radar screen.
                            Stu writes snarky articles in the past and now we have a possible tabloid- type piece coming. You think we should accept that as a trade-off because the paper gives State good coverage? I don't understand the reasoning. I assume they give SDSU coverage because theres interest from their readers, not because they are being kind.

Comment

Stu's gotta be loving this right now. He's got 2 pages full of comments about an article that hasn't even made it to print yet. The world will not stop spinning tomorrow, not giving him any reaction is the best thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X