2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

Isn't every day a great day to be a Jackrabbit?

Maybe he was just happy that morning and it didn't mean anything...

Comment

I think AJ knows he needs to upgrade the point guard position with someone who has experience and quickness if the team is going to reach it's full potential the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Believe spring signing window begins April 11 for men and women, correct?
        It runs from Apr 11 thru May 16 I believe,still quite a bit of time left.

How many scholarships AJ have to play with?I'm thinking two?

Comment

I think one..

Comment

I believe he tweeted it right before the most recent 2013 verbal.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I believe he tweeted it right before the most recent 2013 verbal.
              That would be correct.

Comment

Why did AJ pass on Nielsen from SF OG? Seems to me she is as good as shooter as Jill Young and better ball handler. She played very similar to Macy Michelson with pace and tenacity and is the same height. There must have been something there that he did not like and felt he could not change. Just my two cents.

Comment

Was Nielsen interested in becoming a Jackrabbit? It seems O'Gorman athletes aren't interested in SDSU and their interest level in USD is just a little better. It seems O'Gorman athletes generally go to Augie or out of state.

AJ has some specific player types in mind -- I wouldn't dream of questioning his recruiting acumen.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Was Nielsen interested in becoming a Jackrabbit? It seems O'Gorman athletes aren't interested in SDSU and their interest level in USD is just a little better. It seems O'Gorman athletes generally go to Augie or out of state.

AJ has some specific player types in mind -- I wouldn't dream of questioning his recruiting acumen.
                    I hail AJ as a very good coach and one that has earned a lot of people's respect. However, a few things are head scratchers. Like why Caitlin Duffy wasn't offered a scholarship. She fit the SDSU style to a T, long athletic guard who could shoot and played in a running system. She is currently the leading scorer for Colorado State in the Mountain West. Granted they are 2-4 on the season but I'm thinking her scoring could've been helpful and made the team a lot more lethal. If she ends up being the next Becky Hammon or Megan Mahoney from SD, I think even AJ will have to admit he made a mistake on that one. From what I know, she was waiting for a SDSU offer and even held off some other coaches but there was no interest from the Jacks. Caitlin is averaging over 15 times the points that the two SDSU recruits are so far this year.

Comment

• Re: 2012 recruit?

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                      I hail AJ as a very good coach and one that has earned a lot of people's respect. However, a few things are head scratchers. Like why Caitlin Duffy wasn't offered a scholarship. She fit the SDSU style to a T, long athletic guard who could shoot and played in a running system. She is currently the leading scorer for Colorado State in the Mountain West. Granted they are 2-4 on the season but I'm thinking her scoring could've been helpful and made the team a lot more lethal. If she ends up being the next Becky Hammon or Megan Mahoney from SD, I think even AJ will have to admit he made a mistake on that one. From what I know, she was waiting for a SDSU offer and even held off some other coaches but there was no interest from the Jacks. Caitlin is averaging over 15 times the points that the two SDSU recruits are so far this year.
                      Gee is it not great that we can second guess coaches choices? Maybe the recruits have a voice in where they are going to get their higher education.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                        Yes, you are probably right. It seems that Caitlin is a very talented scorer.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Caitlin was at SDSU's Elite Camp after her Freshman year, before her sophomore year... and she was one of the "handpicked" girls to scrimmage at the end of the day, back then.

I'm certain...100% certain, she was on the Jacks radar very early and knew where they stood with her from the get go.

As posted... Caitlin and her family made their own decision. I know some may find it unbelievable, but some kids may actually prefer to go somewhere else.

And it certainly looks like she made a wise choice. I highly doubt she'd have those type of numbers playing with the Jacks.

Comment

I remember during the local tournaments,the guy that runs gprep reported that ,don't quote me(get her and her sister mixed up,ones playing in college), that Nia Coffey was the top scorer for the tournament,had to send him an e-mail correcting him,it wasn't Coffey who was top scorer, it was Caitlin Duffy.To his credit, he corrected the facts, but left the headline giving Coffey credit for something she didn't deserve.

Comment

Working...
                            X