Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having one heck of a time getting an Avatar picture to load, and I've tried multiple ways to try and make it work:
    • Tried both "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" and "Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer", and neither have been successful
    • I have tried different options of having the picture right at 80x80 pixels and smaller options, and none of them were over the kb limit.
    • Tried different file types (Jpeg, GIF, etc...)

All I have been getting is "Unable to save image", but I have been able to get images to upload on the photo album.
    * I also got the picture to work on the Bisonville.com forums, which has about the same website format.
    Any help, suggestions, comments are welcome, thank you!
    Last edited by Kemo; 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: Avatar Upload Trouble

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I'm having one heck of a time getting an Avatar picture to load, and I've tried multiple ways to try and make it work:
    • Tried both "Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website" and "Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer", and neither have been successful
    • I have tried different options of having the picture right at 80x80 pixels and smaller options, and none of them were over the kb limit.

All I have been getting is "Unable to save image", but I have been able to get images to upload on the photo album.
    * I also got the picture to work on the Bisonville.com forums, which has about the same website format.
    Not sure what might be happening . . .

Max. file size is set to 20 kB . . .

if it's smaller than that, then perhaps best bet would be to mail the avatar to sdsufans **at** sdsufans **dot** com and I could maybe play with it.

-filbert

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Try uploading your picture on photobucket (it's free to register) and then you can edit to 80x80 and they give you the specific URL to enter in to use as an avatar.

Hope that helps.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Try uploading your picture on photobucket (it's free to register) and then you can edit to 80x80 and they give you the specific URL to enter in to use as an avatar.

Hope that helps.
        I just tried it on photobucket and couldn't get it to work, and it didn't work on imageshack either. Thanks for the suggestion though!
        - Steven Wright

Comment

I'm trying to recall what I did...think I used Photobucket as suggested by RabbitObserver. I may have made a note or two and will try to find those notes.

Comment

I also have tried all the above some time ago. Nothing worked for me. Made sure everything was the correct size, used photobucket and came with the same results. I just gave up on trying to upload one for now.

Comment

I am wondering if there is some kind of built in restriction for those who are not at least a sophomore in rank. I did a quick look through a couple of long threads to see who all had avatars and did not see anyone with an avatar with a freshman rank.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                I also have tried all the above some time ago. Nothing worked for me. Made sure everything was the correct size, used photobucket and came with the same results. I just gave up on trying to upload one for now.
                I think it has more to do with the fact that a year or two ago uploading an avatar wasn't a problem, but now it isn't working. So the people who joined a couple years ago have avatars but its not working for the newer members.

Comment

And I've been avatarless for the same reason. Look forward to being able to share my internet mug with yuns again someday...

Comment

I tried setting up a test alias and adding a picture -- couldn't get it done and I don't know why.

JackJD

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
                      I tried setting up a test alias and adding a picture -- couldn't get it done and I don't know why.

JackJD

It isn't like you can just dig in, check the code, and look for where some programmer dude divided by zero. My only highly uneducated guess would be that some vague permission somewhere along the line isn't on and is denying uploading privileges.

Comment

This is still not working. I have been trying to upload an avatar through the available means and have had about as much success as NDSU in recent Border Marker games!

Comment

OK, I found a tweak, and tweaked it. Try it again.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Fixed it! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X