Borrowing from the Baylor Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borrowing from the Baylor Board

Can we get the mood indicator 'attachment' to the vBulletin software and the ability to embed YouTube clips?

Just noticed those things on the Baylor fan board and thought they were pretty cool.

Re: Borrowing from the Baylor Board

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Can we get the mood indicator 'attachment' to the vBulletin software and the ability to embed YouTube clips?

Just noticed those things on the Baylor fan board and thought they were pretty cool.
    Hey, just let me get caught up to the latest version of the base software first . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Hey, just let me get caught up to the latest version of the base software first . . .
      Isn't there only one version of vBulletin?

What I remember of it--from setting it up for a client a while back--is that it's a pain in the butt to setup, a pain in the butt to administer, a pain in the butt to skin, but is more secure than the equally "GRRR!!!!!!" phpBB.

Used to be phpBB could be hacked severely by get string SQL injection, and that's how I ended up having to switch to vBulletin.

Comment

Also, I notice that the Baylor Fans board won't let you embed images.... I wonder if some NSFW stuff got put up.....

Comment

Isn't there only one version of vBulletin?

What I remember of it--from setting it up for a client a while back--is that it's a pain in the butt to setup, a pain in the butt to administer, a pain in the butt to skin, but is more secure than the equally "GRRR!!!!!!" phpBB.

Used to be phpBB could be hacked severely by get string SQL injection, and that's how I ended up having to switch to vBulletin.
          Not too bad at all, really, at least with 3.5 and above. Just takes me a long time to get nice and comfy doing upgrades, is all (and have decided to wait until the end of baseball/softball season, anyway, to do the upgrade). Don't know much about skinning . . . I just changed some of the colors and added my little logo in various places and called it good.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Not too bad at all, really, at least with 3.5 and above. Just takes me a long time to get nice and comfy doing upgrades, is all (and have decided to wait until the end of baseball/softball season, anyway, to do the upgrade). Don't know much about skinning . . . I just changed some of the colors and added my little logo in various places and called it good.
            The thought of upgrading BB software used to give me cold sweats. I write mostly my own code for the sites I run in part because 'affordable' stuff (like vBulletin) seems to come with exceedingly tricky install/upgrade instructions.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too nit-picky, I did get the site moved intact from phpBB to vBulletin with no major issues....

(maybe it's just that I don't like to follow instructions)

Comment

. . . (maybe it's just that I don't like to follow instructions)
              Yeah, that can occasionally get you into trouble . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Also with the Baylor board, I can't stand how it's set up. All of the ads just ruin the experience. It made me appreciate here a little more and that Filbert does this out of his own pocket instead of the annoying ads everywhere. So thanks Filbert, I do appreciate it, even if I'm a pain in the ass a lot.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Definitely don't like all the ads on the Baylor board...

And while we're wishing---what about a cool pic for the header? The Metrodome shot on the Bison page is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    Also with the Baylor board, I can't stand how it's set up. All of the ads just ruin the experience. It made me appreciate here a little more and that Filbert does this out of his own pocket instead of the annoying ads everywhere. So thanks Filbert, I do appreciate it, even if I'm a pain in the ass a lot.
                    Seems like the Baylor board took a long time to load because of all the ads and other things on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X