NDSU Basketball History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Basketball History

Congrats to NDSU for a good season. And for the past few seasons. That said, NDSU doesn't have a distinguished heritage in men's basketball. Until the last few years they were average. I suspect they will go back to being average again next year.

Re: NDSU Basketball History

Yeah, I saw the title of the thread and thought, "NDSU basketball history: four years of triumph and glory."

No clue what to expect from either SDSU or NDSU next year. NDSU because they graduated their best players, SDSU because their best players are so inconsistent.

Comment

Being a natural cynic/pessimist, I fully expect NDSU to be more than competitive next year, even losing their redshirt seniors. (Sorry for lack of smackness )
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Next year, for the first time in years, North Dakota State's best player won't be a Minnesota. He probably will be a South Dakotan.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Being a natural cynic/pessimist, I fully expect NDSU to be more than competitive next year, even losing their redshirt seniors. (Sorry for lack of smackness )
          Not being all that pessimistic about the Bison, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            Don't care about Bison. Care about Jackrabbits.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              The point of wisdom here is not to sell the Bison short for next year. Its not about loyality, but more about intelligent instinct. They could have another good year. I think a lot of it depends on how Saul Phillips is able to pull these more inexperienced guys together as a unit. If the individuals fail and if the coach fails, then its not going to be a good year for the Bison. No rah rahs here just my thoughts.

Comment

My take is that Woodside made that team good. His play elevated everyone. There is no one left "in the barn" to take his place.

Comment

A final note on Woodside. He wasn't your typical point guard. Most aren't bigtime scoring threats. He was.

Comment

With Woodside, SDSU would've been in the tournament this year.

But if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

I don't think NDSU will be 'bargain basement' next year, but I expect them to tally significantly fewer wins and finish in the general vicinity of .500. The Summit isn't going to be -that- bad next year.

SDSU will be better (and they finished ahead of 6 teams in the tournament--the two that missed the tournament and the four that got knocked out in the quarters), Oral Roberts will still be good and Oakland will probably be exceptional. SUU should be better (although they'll still be jerks), and who knows what Molinari will be able to accomplish with WIU. You can't count out IUPUI either. They're consistently in the top half of the league.

Comment

Working...
                    X