Will UND be in the Summit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will UND be in the Summit?

The Summit is trying to shed it's old rep, adding a bush league school like Chicago State will do nothing for the league. Denver on the other hand is a good school and should in no way be compared to Chicago State, if they have success I think they could build a nice fanbase, I know they are in a big market but that doesn't stop people from caring about their hockey team.

If the choice is Denver or Centenary, Denver is a slam dunk. I really hope in a few years we are looking at this...

West
    NDSU-UND
    SDSU-USD
    Denver-SUU

East
    ORU-UMKC
    IUPUI-WIU
    IPFW-Oakland

Comment

Denver hockey is at the top of their game and I suppose could be considered an elite program. They are National Title contenders most years. Denver basketball is....uh....not.

I would take them in a heartbeat over Centenary....even though travel would really stink.

Comment

The travel isn't that bad, I know Fargo has direct daily flights to Denver and I'm sure Sioux Falls does as well.

Comment

The objection given me on the Denver/SUU thing is that most Summit schools can bus to UMKC..

e.g. Bus to UMKC fly to SUU, fly back, bus home.

With Denver, it'd be fly to Denver, fly to SUU, fly back to Denver, fly home.

---

Denver COULD be good, but they need to commit to improving their non-hockey athletics. They do have swim/dive & tennis, so that would round out a couple of lesser Summit sports.

As was pointed out, their BB attendance is atrocious, and their teams don't seem to deserve much more support than what they're getting.

Right now, IMO, Denver has some intriguing potential, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
            futhermore, Dont think for one second that douple and the rest of the summit admin hasnt read or heard the hatred spewed towards them from und.

cuz i know alot of people who have emailed and called him to show proof of this.
            Seriously, people called and emailed Douple anonymous post from SS - LOL - now that is funny stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
              Well most of those people, me included, did not want USD because it probably was not in the best interesI'm not sure that SD can support two D-1 universities with D-1 athletes.t of SDSU.

But as far as the Summit League goes, adding USD and eventually UND is a no brainer.

That is the difference. Fortunately the Presidents of the Summit League can separate themselves from the minutia and see the bigger picture.
              But North Dakota is different because of its overwhelming population base compared to South Dakota. Please. Also, if you haven't noticed, USD is more closely located to major midwest urban areas than any of the Dakota schools.

No, some SDSU fans were against USD to the Summit for the same reasons some NDSU fans are against UND. It's all based on emotion.

Comment

Denver is at least a hub for airlines. Lots of connectors out of Denver.

i'm more partial to Denver becasue they have snow there. I know about snow in the winter. I can relate to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                  i'm more partial to Denver becasue they have snow there. I know about snow in the winter. I can relate to them.
                  Because they don't have snow in Grand Forks?

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                    But North Dakota is different because of its overwhelming population base compared to South Dakota. Please. Also, if you haven't noticed, USD is more closely located to major midwest urban areas than any of the Dakota schools.

No, some SDSU fans were against USD to the Summit for the same reasons some NDSU fans are against UND. It's all based on emotion.
                    Yep. Exactly. A little better than I could have put it.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I have Rockey Mountain FSN and they covered a fair amount of Denver basketball games and both there women's and men's teams are on the rise.... They have a new coach have started recruiting colorado and look to be pretty good in the future.... they have a great venue and are a solid school..... they don't have a lot of sports but neither did USD....

Comment

this is going to be a disaster if you let them into OUR conference.

WHY would you guys want them in after they RIP and HATE on the summit, and now they are begging to get into it??

seriously, have a backbone and stand up to them!

email douple@thesummitleague.org

their fans will continue to wear sioux stuff, and continue the chants, which in turn will continue the "sioux suck sh..." chants, which in turn, will make the Summit look like idiots.

trust me, we dont need this headache as a conference, we are getting better!! don't go backwards.

Comment

Working...
                        X