Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blasphemy

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
    I'm going to write something most people on this board won't like. That being I am more than a little angry about both the men's and women's basketball teams plans to jet off to exotic places later this year. It isn't right.

My family has taken a significant hit during the recent downturn in the economy. State government in South Dakota, trying to hang onto employees, if offering no pay raises. Businesses everywhere are laying off people - that's if they keep their doors open.

The call to increase my gift to the athletic department this year will fall on deaf ears. This country is in a hell of a fix right now and I find it highly irresponsible to send college athletes to tropical islands for fun in the sun when there is a world of hurt going on.
    So... Instead of this trip, let's schedule Dakota State University, Dakota Wesleyan, and the University of Sioux Falls at home. Would that make you happy? I bet the costs would be very low for those games. Would you consider increasing your gift if you got to see those games?

There is ALWAYS a world of hurt going on somewhere, it just doesn't always get reported on (and reported on, and reported on, and reported on) by the media.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
    X