Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0-16

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Correct Sir! Time up north to cheer for the 'Roos on Saturday. They pulled out the win vs Centenary, which helped the Jacks ALOT. Now for SUU to win Sat. is a key. Jacks will definitely be pulling for a Bison win in Shreveport.
    Currently:

4th IUPUI 8-8
    5th SUU 7-8
    6th SDSU 7-9

I would much rather see SUU lose on Saturday and us move into the 5th spot. I like a first round match against IUPUI much better than I do against Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
      Currently:

4th IUPUI 8-8
      5th SUU 7-8
      6th SDSU 7-9

I would much rather see SUU lose on Saturday and us move into the 5th spot. I like a first round match against IUPUI much better than I do against Oakland.
      If SUU loses to Centenary, then our game at Centenary likely becomes a MUST win. I'd rather be playing for a higher seed in the tourney as opposed to playing away for the last tourney position. SUU still has a two game road trip, and their road wins have been pretty low too. Let them lose next week. This weekend, I want to see Centenary put on the ropes to get in. Better to have the separation so can go through the southern road swing go 0-2, and still be in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        If SUU loses to Centenary, then our game at Centenary likely becomes a MUST win. I'd rather be playing for a higher seed in the tourney as opposed to playing away for the last tourney position. SUU still has a two game road trip, and their road wins have been pretty low too. Let them lose next week. This weekend, I want to see Centenary put on the ropes to get in. Better to have the separation so can go through the southern road swing go 0-2, and still be in the tourney.
        But Centenary still has to play NDSU. So, I too would like Centenary to beat SUU.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
          Currently:

4th IUPUI 8-8
          5th SUU 7-8
          6th SDSU 7-9

I'm with you. Losing our way into the tourney likely means losing our way immediately out of the tourney. I'm not interested in that. I said over one week ago that this team needs to be playing for a #4 or #5 seed. Some people laughed at that but that is the attitude this team must have. Win your way up the rankings and get the highest possible seed.

I'm pulling for Centenary over SUU and then SDSU over Centenary. If we beat ORU in the mean time, even better.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Gotta get in the tournament first, folks. Best way for Jacks is for Centenary to lose to SUU. Then Jacks can play with pressure off and beat Centenary for a higher seed.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Gotta get in the tournament first, folks. Best way for Jacks is for Centenary to lose to SUU. Then Jacks can play with pressure off and beat Centenary for a higher seed.
              We'll agree to disagree. The best outcome is a SDSU win over ORU and Centenary (not likely on the road but the best scenario) and losses ahead of us by IUPUI and SUU resulting in a better seed and the best opportunity to continue winning. Short of that occurring I'd take a win over Centenary after they knock of SUU allowing us a chance to move up the seeding ranks.

If we drop both remaining games to end the year I'm not sure we deserve a conference tourney bid. We are still likely to get one but losing to get in sure doesn't compel me to be excited about our chances in the first round.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm glad to see my thread started as a joke as turned into actual solid discussion and analysis. My work here is done.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  My work here is done.
                  Just on this thread or on the whole Forum? Could we be so lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    I'm glad to see my thread started as a joke as turned into actual solid discussion and analysis. My work here is done.
                    It's kind of like how the white blood cells find, and then surround the infection.

Eventually the fever goes down and the body recovers.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X