This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote_Fan banned for two months

For the unwarranted arrogance of assuming that he has the wit to tell this board's moderators how they should operate this board.

Since he has frequently expressed concern about arrogance in other people, the moderators consider this to simply being karma in operation.

Re: Coyote_Fan banned for two months

Glory!! Hallalujah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      Glory!! Hallalujah!!!
      Rep points for you.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

CF is a very clever individual. I think on the Coyote board he said he worked near a Jack poster at his last job and that individual was floored when he revealed his posting handle CF. If you know who he is talking about, PM me as I am very curious to what he is like in day to day situtions. He might be a very good guy. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          CF is a very clever individual. I think on the Coyote board he said he worked near a Jack poster at his last job and that individual was floored when he revealed his posting handle CF. If you know who he is talking about, PM me as I am very curious to what he is like in day to day situtions. He might be a very good guy. Who knows.
          Agreed. Same here. I would love to see who this kid is.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
            Agreed. Same here. I would love to see who this kid is.
            Not a kid at all.

I've played in several fantasy baseball and football leagues with him, but never met him and he seems like an OK dude.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

A new member signed up using the alias REEDVS4. Moderators will investigate further but for now, I have banned that user for seven days and blocked that user's IP address. Evidence shows the user is likely Coyote Fan.

One of the rules instituted by filbert when the board was created was: users cannot sign up under more than one user name. There may be a few users who have signed up under more than one name but in most of those cases, it appears they forgot one name and so signed up again with a new name. Having more than one user name is grounds for suspension from the board but we have assisted users in closing "extra" accounts to avoid problems.

JackJD

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
                A new member signed up using the alias REEDVS4. Moderators will investigate further but for now, I have banned that user for seven days and blocked that user's IP address. Evidence shows the user is likely Coyote Fan.

One of the rules instituted by filbert when the board was created was: users cannot sign up under more than one user name. There may be a few users who have signed up under more than one name but in most of those cases, it appears they forgot one name and so signed up again with a new name. Having more than one user name is grounds for suspension from the board but we have assisted users in closing "extra" accounts to avoid problems.

JackJD
                So was this the infamous CoyoteFan? If so were there any other actions taken?

Comment

It wasn't as nefarious as it maybe appeared. Coyote_Fan has told the moderators he wanted to simply read the board (and not post) but he couldn't even do that after the ban. So, he signed up with a new name. The new name has been permanently banned pursuant to the rule that users should not have more than one user name.

I think Coyote_Fan should be able to read the board without having to sign-in. We're not sure why he has not been able to do that (and it's my guess that by now he has figured that out and is able to read if he wants to).

'nuf on Coyote Fan.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    It wasn't as nefarious as it maybe appeared. Coyote_Fan has told the moderators he wanted to simply read the board (and not post) but he couldn't even do that after the ban. So, he signed up with a new name. The new name has been permanently banned pursuant to the rule that users should not have more than one user name.

I think Coyote_Fan should be able to read the board without having to sign-in. We're not sure why he has not been able to do that (and it's my guess that by now he has figured that out and is able to read if he wants to).

'nuf on Coyote Fan.
                    He probably has a cookie that is causing the problem. Once the cookie with his info is deleted, he should be able to read the board as a guest.

Comment

That's what filbert told him: clear your cookies.

This thread is closed.
                      Last edited by JackJD; 03-01-2009, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X