Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 114-87

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I think the line is "stay classy, San Diego". Funny movie.

In the past 13 years SDSU dominated USD in football. No question about it. It was SDSU's game to lose every time they played.

For fear of being too reasonable, the same could be said for the NDSU rivalry, though, for SDSU. Since the mid-late 90's, SDSU has gradually built the program to a point where now it's an even game every time they play. The winning team for each game could rightfully stand proud after each game and say they were the better team that year and not just a product of a poor game from the other side.

We'll eventually see if USD will be able to do the same with SDSU and NDSU in the future. They first need to worry about playing a decent schedule and winning against D1 talent. That's not intended to be smack. Their schedule was/is a joke and there is no hiding that. They have a good coach and an aggressive push for scholarships. Now they need to prove it on the field. Win a couple D1 games and then start talking.

SDSU has proved they belong. Rightfully, USD must do the same before any real comparisons can be made between the two football programs. Mens basketball? Another story.
    I wasn't disagreeing with anything anyone said. In fact, I don't know what the all time record in football is between the 2 schools. I just went back to archives to get my information. Since '93 and '03 USD was 3-8 against State.

Regarding USD football prospects, I am not saying this to ignite argumentitive debate, but I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the schools. I may be wrong, but just looking at comparitive scores (last year UNI being the test), it doesn't look like night and day to me. I think we have a decent team, and '09 will tell alot. We play 11 games, 8 against FCS, 1 against BCS, and 2 dogs. Certainly better than last years doggy schedule.

Keep it classy.

Comment

According to the SDSU 2008 Football Media Guide, SDSU trails the football series 47-50-7. So its pretty close. Its not like the Michigans record againt Minnesota or anything (66-22-3).

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Why does this one stat no matter and why does is 0-14 really MATTER? Kind of inconsistent, but yeah pop a steriod. I really think you are the ghost of Lyle Allzedo.
        Now, now don't rag on Lyle. I knew him and my mom and aunt catered his first wedding. And after all he did go over to Vermillion one night partying with some other Yankton College classmates and tore some USD football players some new ones in a fight at some bar east of the dorms on then hiway 50 or whatever the street is called.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Why does this one stat no matter and why does is 0-14 really MATTER? Kind of inconsistent, but yeah pop a steriod. I really think you are the ghost of Lyle Allzedo.
          I'd say the difference is that 0-14 is current. That's just me though.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
            I'd say the difference is that 0-14 is current. That's just me though.
            So is the the basketball series, since you and your buddies are in such a darn hurry to resume the series between USD and SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              Now, now don't rag on Lyle. I knew him and my mom and aunt catered his first wedding. And after all he did go over to Vermillion one night partying with some other Yankton College classmates and tore some USD football players some new ones in a fight at some bar east of the dorms on then hiway 50 or whatever the street is called.
              My bad, I ought not to be unkind to the dead. CF seems to be some kind of an evil spirt with his posts, and I would not be surprised if he popped a few steriods along the way.

Comment

Working...
              X