Legislation Requiring SDSU to play USD getting filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legislation Requiring SDSU to play USD getting filed

Senator Heidepriem is circulating a bill to require SDSU and USD to play each other in football and basketball. Look for it to be filed in the next few days.

Re: Legislation Requiring SDSU to play USD getting filed

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
    Senator Heidepriem is circulating a bill to require SDSU and USD to play each other in football and basketball. Look for it to be filed in the next few days.
    Awesome...i'm guessing they'll propose the gate proceeds will go to help the state's fledgling budget. What a fu**ing joke this is if it does get filed.

Comment

Well, here's the link to his website if anyone is interested in dropping him a line. According to his bio he is a USD grad and originally from Miller. Don't we have some members of the "Miller Mafia" on the board?

http://scottheidepriem.com/about_bio.htm

Comment

You can't legislate rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Well, here's the link to his website if anyone is interested in dropping him a line...

Meh - election's over. He can ignore that one. Here are some other avenues to take...

Email: http://legis.state.sd.us/email/Legis...px?MemberID=40

Business phone: 605-338-4304

Business fax: 605-338-4162

That's where I'm sure he expects to hear from his caring constituents

Enjoy

*don't understand why, but his home phone is also listed on that web page. not gonna list it and say that it would be bad to call at home... just in case SDSU has any lakes-type of fans

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Well, here's the link to his website if anyone is interested in dropping him a line. According to his bio he is a USD grad and originally from Miller. Don't we have some members of the "Miller Mafia" on the board?

Yes he is from Miller not proud of that right now though.

A bill like this is pure ignorance that is all there is to it.

Comment

Just sent Scott my thoughts. Not real proud of the Miller connection there either.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Sent him a message as well. Not in my district but I've supported him in other ways in the past. Not the business of the legislature.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Sent him a message as well. Not in my district but I've supported him in other ways in the past. Not the business of the legislature.
                  Maybe if he hears from of his supporters they will back off.

Comment

People are losing their jobs an he is worried about a basketball and football game.

Comment

He is a former Student Regent from USD during the Janklow era. 1978-80.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                        This makes me feel ill. Also it pisses me off. I will leave it at that, until I read the legislation to see what he is trying to pass.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          This makes me feel ill. Also it pisses me off. I will leave it at that, until I read the legislation to see what he is trying to pass.
                          Ditto

Comment

Sometimes during the session, bills that won't go anywhere are circulated just to make a point. This one hasn't even been introduced. Even if it's introduced, there's a good chance it'll go nowhere. One thing I learned covering the Legislature is not to get too worked up over anything until it's farther along in the process. It's better to wait and see what happens, keep your powder dry, and if the time comes where alumni and fan input is needed, deliver that input in a dispassionate and orderly (but overwhelming) way.

It's way too soon to let this thing get under your skin.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Sometimes during the session, bills that won't go anywhere are circulated just to make a point. This one hasn't even been introduced. Even if it's introduced, there's a good chance it'll go nowhere. One thing I learned covering the Legislature is not to get too worked up over anything until it's farther along in the process. It's better to wait and see what happens, keep your powder dry, and if the time comes where alumni and fan input is needed, deliver that input in a dispassionate and orderly (but overwhelming) way.

It's way too soon to let this thing get under your skin.
                              Good advice here.

I'm not sure anybody in a position to influence the decision has said anything definitive about SDSU and USD playing or not playing again. My own gut feeling is that basketball will resume as early as next season, definitely within the next three years. Football is subject to schedule openings, and isn't likely to resume for another three to five years. That's my own personal feeling, based on nothing but my own observation of where things are at.

Legislation at this point is not only inappropriate but unnecessary and premature, IMHO.

I'm still a big advocate for my favorite basketball solution--an SDSU-USD basketball event in Sioux Falls, associated with a D-I tournament (maybe a combined men's-women's D-I tournament) over the Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday periods. Anybody in the Sioux Empire willing to run with this to the SF city fathers?
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X