Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tourney

Those games are often followed by comments like, "How the heck did that happen?!"

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Who are the girls going to lose to? SUU or UMKC at home? The 7-deep Bison on the road? Centenary? Oral Roberts?
      Could be anyone of them. I don't think it will be, but it could be. Don't remember anyone forseeing the way the played against Oakland on the road. Another outing like that and they could lose to anyone of those teams.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I think it's going to be a big deal but not as big of a deal as it could be. The Summit League Tournament is over SDSU's spring break. I just hope a large amount of our students choose to make Sioux Falls their spring break destination!
        How many students would get in anyway? What is the capacity of the Arena? I think over 1/2 the arena is sold out for full tourney passes. By the time you give each school 250(?) passes, there wont be many tickets left.
        I could be completely wrong but I can't see enough room for that many students.
        Does anybody know exactly how the seating will be?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          How many students would get in anyway? What is the capacity of the Arena? I think over 1/2 the arena is sold out for full tourney passes. By the time you give each school 250(?) passes, there wont be many tickets left.
          I could be completely wrong but I can't see enough room for that many students.
          Does anybody know exactly how the seating will be?
          Most schools in the Summit aren't going to come anywhere close to using up 250 passes.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Most schools in the Summit aren't going to come anywhere close to using up 250 passes.
            Exactly, many if not most of the lower level seats will likely be available for most games, doesn't mean you are going to get to sit there. The place is going to be sparsely populated with the exception of SDSU and NDSU games. The good news for the Summit League, they already sold most of the reserved tickets anyways so the money is in their pocket either way. Those less enthusiastic fans who just want to see their team play won't have any issues with the possible exception of the SDSU women's games.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Summitt League is going to think it hit the jackpot with the tournament being held in Sioux Falls. The crowd and overall excitement will probably be 10times better than they've ever had it--plus a lot more money.

Comment

Say what you want about the old Sioux Falls Arena. When that place is packed to the rafters with SDSU fans it will be a great atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Seems to me that the number is much more likely to be 50 than 250.

Comment

Sioux Falls eats this stuff up and is a perfect place to play the tourney. The people in the league are going to bask in the glory of a highly successful tournament. Let's face it, when SDSU and NDSU joined the league we were all overjoyed they allowed us to join their ranks. Well, it's very obvious, especially with the courtship with USD, those folks in the league are elated that quality schools, with a good fan base, wanted to be a part. As it turns out, especially with the success of the SDSU and NDSU programs (and the fan support), we have given the league a boost.

No brag, just fact.

Comment

In no time flat, SDSU and NDSU have become the two strongest members of the Summit League. Not sure if they were planning it that way but that's the way it is. Don't see it changing any time soon!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I've got a couple Summit Tourney questions:

Will cowbells be allowed in the arena since it is not on a Summit League court?

Are they going to use the circa 1992 bluish green Skyforce hardwood, or does the Summit bring in their own "Championship" court like some of the other conferences?
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          I've got a couple Summit Tourney questions:

Will cowbells be allowed in the arena since it is not on a Summit League court?

Are they going to use the circa 1992 bluish green Skyforce hardwood, or does the Summit bring in their own "Championship" court like some of the other conferences?
                          No, and no. Since it was the Summit League that mandated we get rid of the cowbells in the first place, they won't be reappearing. Also, I'd surprised if the Summit League had enough funds to purchase a new floor to be used once a year at their tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            No, and no. Since it was the Summit League that mandated we get rid of the cowbells in the first place, they won't be reappearing. Also, I'd surprised if the Summit League had enough funds to purchase a new floor to be used once a year at their tournament.

I think what they did last year in Tulsa and at most other "mid-major" conference tournaments, was that they used the floor that was already in place and stuck a large NCAA white and blue sticker on the half-court circle.

I guess we will see though. I can't wait!!

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I'm with you there. That's one butt-ugly court. There are companies that rent courts, but I imagine that's beyond the SF Sports Authority budget for the event. More likely, as propar80 said, they'll do what they can to pretty the thing up. But it'll still look bad.

I'm just as concerned about lighting. The Arena is very dark. It'll look awful on TV, and even more awful if ESPN2 broadcasts the championship game(s) in HD. HD requires a lot of light.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

will there be a band at the summitt tourney or at least the jack games?

Comment

Working...
                                X