Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tourney

http://pembertonpoint.blogspot.com

This Oakland newspaper writer's blog is probably the best assessment of the Summit League out there. It is well balanced, and it definitely doesn't see the league through our blue/yellow or Bison Green/yellow lens.

Love his well reasoned power ratings (even if I don't always agree).

Thought I'd bring this into a current thread. Good for tracking what's happening in the Summit.

Comment

I went I purchased my two Summit League Tournament all session student tickets at the HPER yesterday and was informed that after my purchase there was only 1 seat left for the students.

I really hope all the people that have tickets in my section are ready to stand for the entire duration of any Jackrabbit games!

*as always I'll be standing in the back trying to lead some cheers!!

-Go JACKS!

Comment

Is the tournament a big deal around campus? I know it sounds like the allotment is practically sold out. How many tickets were available to students?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Is the tournament a big deal around campus? I know it sounds like the allotment is practically sold out. How many tickets were available to students?
          I think it's going to be a big deal but not as big of a deal as it could be. The Summit League Tournament is over SDSU's spring break. I just hope a large amount of our students choose to make Sioux Falls their spring break destination!

Comment

I'm actually not sure how big of deal it is around campus, most of my friends have never had any interest in going to athletic events except a few. Some people I've talked to are occasional fans and didn't even realize what was going on in Sioux Falls.

I am very excited to be sitting fairly close to the court and will be cheering my heart out for the Jacks with my friend. I even postponed a short Europe trip till early summer partially because of the tournament. Hopefully the rest of the students are like me and just haven't noticed the other fans around campus, but are planning on going!

And I'm not sure how many of the $60 student tickets where allotted. You only needed a student ID to purchase up to two and at the tournament you don't actually have to be a student to use the tickets, so hopefully whoever is sitting there likes to cheer loud.

Comment

It's over spring break and I haven't heard of a ton of people that are going

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                It's over spring break and I haven't heard of a ton of people that are going
                Same here. I'd def. go if it wasn't over SB, but I'm visiting my brother in Texas.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

With economy the way it is I'm surprised any student is going south for Spring Break unless they have some of that grant money under their pillow!

Comment

With economy the way it is I'm surprised any student is going south for Spring Break unless they have some of that grant money under their pillow!
                    I know a ton of people going South, some going to Ft. Meyers to the Twins spring training facility and some to Las Vegas, that don't have "grant money under their pillow"

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      I know a ton of people going South, some going to Ft. Meyers to the Twins spring training facility and some to Las Vegas, that don't have "grant money under their pillow"
                      Good for them. The hotels need the business! I'm sure there will be plenty of students in the stands at the Toournament regardless of some posts to the contrary.

Comment

Good for them. The hotels need the business! I'm sure there will be plenty of students in the stands at the Toournament regardless of some posts to the contrary.
                        I'm just pointing out a fact that it's spring break and students don't need a trust fund to go south. I'm going to be there, so it's not affecting me but I know there are a ton of students that would want to go some place farther south than Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Women will definitely be playing as the 1 seed
                          ...a bit premature I'd say. Last I saw Oakland is right on our heels.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            You are right, that said, go ahead and PM me, I'm taking almost any bets.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Who are the girls going to lose to? SUU or UMKC at home? The 7-deep Bison on the road? Centenary? Oral Roberts?

Comment

I've been involved with way too many athletic contests, both as a participant and a spectator, to not take anything for granted. A bunch of "sure fire wins" have turned into hellish losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X