Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To the pep band

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
    I wish the Athletic Dept. would play ACDC's "She's Got the Jack" during timeouts or something at Women's basketball games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW2heKjzjIA

Need I say more?
    Listening to this... the key would be to get the crowd to know the song and when to yell "JACKS"...lol

Very fun though

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      Listening to this... the key would be to get the crowd to know the song and when to yell "JACKS"...lol

Very fun though
      By listening to the song, it should not be too hard to figure out when to yell "JACK" I think the learning curve would be pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        By listening to the song, it should not be too hard to figure out when to yell "JACK" I think the learning curve would be pretty easy.
        very true...

Where is everyone today, I have never seen the board this quite on game day, let alone NDSU weekend...

Comment

very true...

Where is everyone today, I have never seen the board this quite on game day, let alone NDSU weekend...
          I just got home for lunch and am going to throw a couple blankets and jacket in the Jeep and head to Btown. Going to meet SDSU daughter and some of her friends at Cubby's for early supper and beers. Guess who is buying. Oh well, should be fun anyway. See you at the game and as always, "GO JACKS!!!".

Comment

very true...

Well the locals are getting set to be up at Frost filling the arena, and us away folks are (ahem) "working".

To all the east river SD, SW MN, and NW IA Jacks fans, this is a BIG NIGHT/WEEKEND for Jacks basketball. Get to FROST and ENJOY!

Comment

very true...

I'm hoping to have things under enough control to get out of town by 5:00 and in my seat at Frost by 7:00 tonight. This is one night when the parking pass will come in handy.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Well the locals are getting set to be up at Frost filling the arena, and us away folks are (ahem) "working".

To all the east river SD, SW MN, and NW IA Jacks fans, this is a BIG NIGHT/WEEKEND for Jacks basketball. Get to FROST and ENJOY!
                so am I can't you tell, I am working so hard today I even 'gasp' went and surfed the Bison board to see what they were saying about tonight...lol

Oh well, just figured there would be more chatter today..

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  I'll donate $200 to the pep band if they play Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good" during the basketball game on Friday night. No Joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hi22...eature=related

Who's with me?
                  Great idea trying to get the Band/ crowd involved. Unfortunately, the time-outs are generally reserved for corporate sponsorship announcements. I know it pays the bills but they sure are rally killers and do nothing to keep the crowd involved.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

By the way, my wish nearly came true. It wasn't Chuck Mangione, but Allen Vizzutti just performed with the Symphonic Band this weekend at the performing arts center. IT WAS AWESOME. This guy is unbelievable with the trumpet. Check him out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLfCs...eature=related

What a great experience for the spectators and the symphonic band.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I had intended to comment after Saturday's games at Frost on the great performances by the pep band all season. Not long after I took my seat prior to the women's game, the pep band played "Dreams" by The Cranberries. I had not heard the pep band (any pep band) try that song before. Very well done...great arrangement, very faithful to the original.

That band is a huge part of what makes Frost such a special place.

Comment

I agree, and you don't realize how much you would miss them until the game they couldn't be there.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

There are those on this board who aren't big fans of the bands (pep band, marching band). As pointed out, those bands are great additions to the athletic venue. And, if either is absent, there is a loss in the overall quality of the event.

Comment

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Pride and the Pep Band, but the ensemble that makes me go absolutely delirious with joy when I see them perform is the Drum Line.

More Drum Line! Now!

(At least they know the proper tempo to begin State Cadence! Unlike some cheerleaders . . . )
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              I had intended to comment after Saturday's games at Frost on the great performances by the pep band all season. Not long after I took my seat prior to the women's game, the pep band played "Dreams" by The Cranberries. I had not heard the pep band (any pep band) try that song before. Very well done...great arrangement, very faithful to the original.

That band is a huge part of what makes Frost such a special place.
                              I couldn't agree more!!! I was sick over that phone poll the other night about what you would prefer: pep band or ice cream! I love ice cream but the band is so much Frost!
                              For those of you who were at St. Joe the year of the championship, we will never froget the band coming the first day!!! When they walked in the place went crazy! It was terrific and played a huge part in "Jackrabbit Nation" taking over there! Thanks to the band you so much more important than ice cream and we all know it!!!

Comment

I'm glad you brought up the bad decision to have a cell phone call in poll about what fans liked most. The band was sitting there watching it unfold. If the ice cream lost, who cares? It doesn't have feelings. It was a rotten decision by whomever put that thing on the big screen. What were they thinking?

Comment

Working...
                                X