Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To the pep band

They must have been thinking "two things that the fans REALLY love"

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I do think they should put the pep band in the second level of Frost. Those are some prime seats behind the basket. Don't know how the parents like having the band right next to them (I guess it wouldn't be any better behind them either). I do like having the band there. Maybe the best idea is having the band behind the opponents bench and fans. This way they can't really hear during timeouts.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

The band, consisting of students, has been in about that approximate location for many, many years. Students pay well over a million dollars in student fees just for athletics. In addition, when bleachers were removed from the lower level (over a period of time) students lost a significant number of places to sit. I'm not sure if taking more students out of the lower level is a good idea.

Comment

I'll second the motion to move the band to the other end, right next to the opponents' bench (hey, if Oakland does it, why not?)

One of the things I really like about SDSU is that the entire south lower stands are pretty much dedicated student seating--unlike most major D-I schools where students are stuck on the end lines. (Now, there are some who prefer that view, but most folks want to sit at courtside, not at court end, student or non-student).
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Pride and the Pep Band, but the ensemble that makes me go absolutely delirious with joy when I see them perform is the Drum Line.

More Drum Line! Now!

(At least they know the proper tempo to begin State Cadence! Unlike some cheerleaders . . . )
            After spending many years in the pride, with a good friend in drumline, I agree they are the highlight. however over recent years, the entertainment value I think has dropped in the DL. There has been more of a focus on technical playing then amussing shannagins of years past. Even if they no longer yell funny stuff along with good music that is fine. they are still a favorite of mine.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              however over recent years, the entertainment value I think has dropped in the DL.
              Agree. Was thinking the same thing. I liked the shenanigans.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
              X