Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brookings > Fargo & SDSU > NDSU

Let's get the pronunciation down here, folks: It's Far-co.

Comment

Fargo's representative in the Miss North Dakota pageant practices for her talent competition.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

Fargo's representative in the Miss North Dakota pageant practices for her talent competition.
        Had to look it up... Her name is Kristin Hanson.

I thought that shots at 'real people' weren't acceptable. First, the Bison football offensive players all fornicate with sheep, IIRC. Now, Fargo's current representative in some Miss North Dakota Pageant is some chick in a random redneck picture.

It's hard to keep things fun when they're made personal.

*feel free to keep hitting at lakes' behavior, though

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
          Had to look it up... Her name is Kristin Hanson.

I thought that shots at 'real people' weren't acceptable. First, the Bison football offensive players all fornicate with sheep, IIRC. Now, Fargo's current representative in some Miss North Dakota Pageant is some chick in a random redneck picture.

It's hard to keep things fun when they're made personal.

*feel free to keep hitting at lakes' behavior, though
          Not all offensive players just the lineman!!!

Also, if you re-read the post it never refers to the current miss north dakota or a miss north dakota of a certain year therefore not directly referring to a specific miss north dakota.

Reason #1 Brookings is better than Fargo -
          you can cross the entire town in the time it takes a person to go from the mall to Target on 13th (Ave or St I can't remember).
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            There are so many things that make Brookings better than Fargo

Brookings: football teams raise community morale with 7 win seasons
            Fargo: football fans disappointed with anything short of another National Championship

Brookings: local economy stimulated with out of state revenue when Bison fans invade
            Fargo: local businesses see minimal economic impact from jacks fans
            Real Fargo citizen recognizes as SDSU dominates NDSU since the move to DI culminating in a victory in the dome, marvels at the number of empty seats in a "sold out" Fargodome. Real Brookings citizen can't wait to set foot in a packed CAS to watch a humble SDSU team defeat an ego-inflated NDSU "bowl deserving" want-to-be. Kiss my ass all the way to the Dakota Marker Hando.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
              Thanks for the welcome I'll go back to lurking but couldn't help myself on this one.
              Hondo, if you're in town for basketball this weekend go ahead and lurk near the Marker. Might be awhile before you can touch it, though.

Comment

Fargo is flatter than Brookings.

And that's hard to do.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                  Not all offensive players just the lineman!!!

Also, if you re-read the post it never refers to the current miss north dakota or a miss north dakota of a certain year therefore not directly referring to a specific miss north dakota.

Reason #1 Brookings is better than Fargo -
                  you can cross the entire town in the time it takes a person to go from the mall to Target on 13th (Ave or St I can't remember).

Original reference: "Fargo's representative in the Miss North Dakota pageant." Kristin represented Fargo in the most recent 'Miss North Dakota pageant.'

Anyway... we had a Super Bowl party in our apartment right near West Acres back in the mid-90s. We ran out of beer during the first half. Not good. I volunteered to make a beer run during halftime. Traffic on 13th Avenue was so bad it was almost an hour before I could get back. Lessons learned. I'll agree it is a good thing to be able to cross your own town in the time that it takes to go anywhere on 13th. It's gotten drastically better since then, though.

Comment

Since you like photos so much:

Does the NDSU mascot really sport a mullet?
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

That land-grant college to the North has always had Campanile envy

Comment

To appease UTH: An unnamed female allegedly representing the largest city in an unnamed state located directly north of South Dakota, west of Minnesota, and east of Montana practices her talent competition for the right to represent the unnamed state in an unnamed national competition.

Comment

SturgisJeff, nice pic but you clearly didn't look at the detail which makes it clear this young lady is not from Fargo but rather Grand Forks. It is plain to see, you just have to look. I'm guessing she spends a lot of time at the Ralph cheering on her favorite team and adopted countrymen.

Comment

Originally posted by mnbison View Post
                            SturgisJeff, nice pic but you clearly didn't look at the detail which makes it clear this young lady is not from Fargo but rather Grand Forks. It is plain to see, you just have to look. I'm guessing she spends a lot of time at the Ralph cheering on her favorite team and adopted countrymen.
                            Ahh yes a Canadian flag in the background, got to be Grand Forks not Fargo since GF is closer to Canada than Fargo. At any rate she is hardly the poster person for student athletes, and clean living.

Comment

Nidaros - that's a good observation. I guess the older we get we look at flags.

Comment

I always thought that North Dakota was a province of Canada anyways eh. Let's all poot on our toques an go oot for a Blue eh.

Comment

Working...
                                X