Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League to Visit USD

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    It was loud, as loud as it's been this year, but not even close to how loud or should I say "rowdy" for a game back in the 90's---especially one against USD or a postseason game.
    I remember the last game in the Barn was against USD. Kicked the sh*t out of them. Whole different atmosphere than the Frost. I am not sure, but it would hold just over 3K when full, which was most games. Loud and rowdy every game.

Comment

I liken the current situation at Frost to Cameron Indoor vs the Dean Smith center. As you decrease the size of the student seating and general admission and increase the season ticket holder and reserved seats you encourage attendance by a different group of people. I moved over to the reserved side this year and almost nobody wants to stand, cheer loudly, or just be generally excited about whats happening on the court. Sure, during some high energy moments they are up but most of the time it pretty subdued.

Last year for the WNIT the place was loud. Friday night the crowd was great but a little low in number, lots of things going on Friday night. Saturday the crowd was about as quiet as 4,500 people at a basketball game could be. Part of that was the pace and flow of the game. However, I didn't feel like there was enough excitement from the crowd.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Not to start this discussion and then do a 180 on it, but I did attend the Valley women's semis last year and that was REALLY quiet. Of course that was in the St. Charles Family arena that has a capacity of about 10,500 and probably had no more than a couple of thousand in attendance. I've been to indoor football games at that venue that had more noise. Friday and Saturday DID seem a lot noisier that that game.

Comment

Working...
        X