Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD > Sw Min St > SDSU

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
    The problem with making fun of USD for beating a D2 school.....we actually lost to one.
    We did? I don't see a loss to a Div II team on our regular season schedule.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2571

Comment

USD's scheduling for every sport is so bad it is beyond a joke. Coyote Fan has even admitted as much. In my opinion, it is embarrassing for USD alumni to have their administration put out such a laughable schedule, especially for their basketball teams. If we had any of their schedules when we made the transition I would have been the first guy calling BS and questioning whether we should really have jumped in the pool without knowing if there was actually any water in there in the first place. Regardless of how prepared USD actually is in making the transition, having the schedules they do can only portray the image of being ill-prepared. That may not be the reality of their level of preparedness, but it's the image their schedules portray.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

You are correct with "regular" season, but you know what I mean. It's still embarrassing--and I think it's a lot easier to make fun of USD's schedule of we would take care of business ourselves.

Comment

You are correct with "regular" season, but you know what I mean. It's still embarrassing--and I think it's a lot easier to make fun of USD's schedule of we would take care of business ourselves.
          Huh!!!!!!!!!!. minnesotarabbit, you need to do some editing here. I dont know what you were trying to tell us.

Comment

dude..... ok, first of all you can make fun of USD's schedule if SDSU hadn't won a game in 5 years, because thats how weak it is.... If you take away Cincinnati and ND its about what BHSU's schedule looks like, and theirs is weak in my eyes....

second off all, considering that the men's program has beat a Big 12 school, blown out IUPUI, and Cal State-Bakersfield.... programs that are above USD that shouldn't matter, at the same point they did loose preseason to SMSU.... a team that had USD beat until the refs blew a call that there beat writer even said was bad..... SDSU was something like 1-13 behind the arch and got beat on the boards, played like poop and still almost won..... The Upper Iowa win was pretty bad but Palarca and Griffin still weren't playing yet....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              dude..... ok, first of all you can make fun of USD's schedule if SDSU hadn't won a game in 5 years, because thats how weak it is.... If you take away Cincinnati and ND its about what BHSU's schedule looks like, and theirs is weak in my eyes....

second off all, considering that the men's program has beat a Big 12 school, blown out IUPUI, and Cal State-Bakersfield.... programs that are above USD that shouldn't matter, at the same point they did loose preseason to SMSU.... a team that had USD beat until the refs blew a call that there beat writer even said was bad..... SDSU was something like 1-13 behind the arch and got beat on the boards, played like poop and still almost won..... The Upper Iowa win was pretty bad but Palarca and Griffin still weren't playing yet....

Ok, I'll agree with you that USD's schedule is a joke. But we still lost to a team that 3 other SD schools (USD, Augie, Northern) beat, and that's embarrassing. As for who we beat, Iowa st was big......but you do realize cal state-bakersfield is 5-12 and IUPUI is decent but still just barely over 500

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

bump

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  bump

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...43&SPSID=88455

why does it say 65-70 and L......I realize it's not regular season, but the L is still embarassing.

Comment

So you're telling everyone that you missed the word EXHIBITION above the game. Ok, but you must have remembered Coach's comments about working different things in a game situation that he normally would not do. I'm pretty sure you didn't watch this game and understand what coach was working on.

Comment

It was an exhibition, game move on. As for the reference to Bakersfield, I love how so many (yote man included) want to refer to them as a joke; as if somehow we should be embarassed we played them and won. Maybe some should pay more attention to the current situation in California. If you recall they had a far more successful D2 program than either SDSU or USD. They have struggled in transition, it is a difficult process and all of us who cheer for the Jacks should know that by now.

Comment

Whoa, calm down everyone. We've been through this before and "minnesotarabbit" didn't get the memo about exhibition games.

Read LakeJack's thread "Is it Me" in this smack section.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Whoa, calm down everyone. We've been through this before and "minnesotarabbit" didn't get the memo about exhibition games.

Sorry, and I did read it. Pretty good. I've been down on this program before and am making every attempt to stay positive since I think we have a team and coach who are not too far from turning the corner and becoming more consistent. The continued harping on old losses is wearing on me. I will now go back to ignoring the blood boiling Smack section and let the Coyote fans who are in need of their own board, oh right; they have one take it back over.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Sorry, I did not get the memo. I do need to be more supportive--it's just a lot easier with the women when they are so good.

Comment

It's that time of the year where you can start looking at records and try to determine what was a quality win or a bad loss. I'll use the Northern Iowa game as an example, at the time most Jacks fans considered that loss a bad loss and a lackluster effort. We beat UNI last year and most Jacks fans were hoping for a win down there this year. Well midway through the season UNI is 11-4 overall and 6-1 in the MVC and in first place, you have to let the season play itself out before drawing any conclusions. How can you evaluate USD's season? Started out against some good DI schools, then played a mixture of DII and NAIA schools, both at home and on the road, some of those schools most of us never heard of.

Comment

Working...
                              X