2009 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

TV's blog says that they extended 6 new offers over the weekend to recruits that where in town...... Also says a really good chance that they'll bring in atleast 2 veteran QB's 1 JuCo and 1 transfer....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      TV's blog says that they extended 6 new offers over the weekend to recruits that where in town...... Also says a really good chance that they'll bring in atleast 2 veteran QB's 1 JuCo and 1 transfer....
      TV's blog said 6 more recruits had visited campus (not necessarily offered). Only 2 offers were made from the 1st big recruiting weekend. They are brining in 2 more veteran QB's to be looked at further.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        TV's blog said 6 more recruits had visited campus (not necessarily offered). Only 2 offers were made from the 1st big recruiting weekend. They are brining in 2 more veteran QB's to be looked at further.
        Thanks for the clarification. For some reason, I get really excited about this recruiting thing. While it is important to recognize what these athletes have done in HS, I sometimes have to remind myself that the coaches develop them and just because a recruit is crazy good in HS doesn't necessarily translate to All Conference at the collegiate level. It works both ways I guess, considering that players who might not be as highly touted end up being amazing football players.

After the last three years of recruiting and development, I can say that our coaches do an outstanding job in both aspects. Also, the recruiting buzz gives me my fix during the off season and this downtime before bowl games.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I've added Cooper Wahlo Jr. (WR - Woodbury, MN) and Bryan Witzmann (OL - Somerset, WI) to the considering list.

Comment

I've been out of the loop for awhile, but has anyone heard if Phillip Bates has chosen a school to transfer to yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OtownJack View Post
              I've been out of the loop for awhile, but has anyone heard if Phillip Bates has chosen a school to transfer to yet?
              I think Ohio or Ohio State....

Comment

I wanted to say Ohio but I can't find anything on it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I think Ohio or Ohio State....
                  Ohio. Some connection with Frank Solich. I am pretty sure Ohio State is set at quarterback.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I've added Cooper Wahlo Jr. (WR - Woodbury, MN) and Bryan Witzmann (OL - Somerset, WI) to the considering list.
                    A post on USD's fan board, citing Witzmann's statement to the website Wisconsin Sports Network, states USD has made an offer to Witzmann. NDSU also interested in him.

Comment

I think a good number of the recruits we have listed are actually recruits that are for USD. Seems to happen every year that the two schools get confused for each other. I know probably half the recruits listed on the SDSU ESPN page are for USD.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        I think a good number of the recruits we have listed are actually recruits that are for USD. Seems to happen every year that the two schools get confused for each other. I know probably half the recruits listed on the SDSU ESPN page are for USD.
                        Most likely they are getting recruited by both schools. It seems like USD has offered a scholaship to about anyone with a high level of talent. They've got a lot to go around if they are ramping up to 63 scholarships next year.

Comment

But if you google some of the players on our list you'll see that they only mention USD recruiting them.

Here's a blurb from from http://www.wissports.net/ on our supposed recruit Cordero Finley.

""-According to Kenosha Bradford head coach Jed Kennedy, Red Devils linebacker/safety Cordero Finley (6-2, 210) received a scholarship offer from the University of North Dakota while on his official visit there this past weekend.

The Fighting Sioux are the second school to offer Finley as he had previously garnered an offer from the University of South Dakota. Kennedy said Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State and Winona State are also showing interest. ""

No mention of SDSU, but yet ESPN has him listed as being recruited by us and not by USD.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of offers go to kids from AZ, TX, MO, and areas further away. And than we probably sign 4 or 5 SD, MN, IA, NE kids as walk-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Most likely they are getting recruited by both schools. It seems like USD has offered a scholaship to about anyone with a high level of talent. They've got a lot to go around if they are ramping up to 63 scholarships next year.
                            Yeah that seems to be the case with USD. I question why you would sign so many in this class rather than rewarding players that are already on your roster so you can keep the scholarship levels somewhat even. A team basically has 5 years worth of players on the roster at any time with red-shirts, with is about 12-13 scholarships a year. I think I read somewhere that USD already has 9 or 10 offers out in Wisconsin alone...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              I'm sure that is the situation for some of it.... TV mentioned it on his chat saying that some of the recruiting sites have them mixed up..... If USD has offered to them though there is probably a good chance that we have at least talked to them.....

Comment

I wouldn't bet on that Joe.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X