Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Looks like we can remove Tyler Gimmestad, the OL from Marshall from the list.

http://iowastate.rivals.com/viewpros...1&pr_key=87488

He has verbally committed to NDSU as of today according to Rivals.
    Yeah heard this on the radio this morning. Too bad. Wish he would have been a Jack!

Comment

What about the QB from Sisseton? Doesn't he have an offer? Seems like we should be looking at another QB with our current situation.

Comment

08 - There is a kid from Arizona that has an offer right now.

See the last post on page 1 or top post on this page
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Yeah I know we offered him but you don't obviously don't put all your eggs in one basket if you know what I mean. I just thought I remember him having an offer and wasn't sure. Just wondering if anyone knew if he had one or not is all

Comment

Originally posted by RABBITALUM08 View Post
            Yeah I know we offered him but you don't obviously don't put all your eggs in one basket if you know what I mean. I just thought I remember him having an offer and wasn't sure. Just wondering if anyone knew if he had one or not is all
            I don't think he has an offer from us.... I know us and North Dakota St. have been looking.... I think SDSU is waiting to see where other quarterbacks line up.... we only have 9-10 scholarships to work with so I think they are hesitant to offer one too early to a guy in there backyard...

Comment

That's what I was thinking with having so few scholarships, just couldn't remember if he was just being looked at or if we offered. Thanks

Comment

According to the ESPN recruiting site:

Ben Erickson, WR 6-1 180 Greendale H.S. (WI)

It says he is also being looked at by Wisconsin, and that he was the 2008 Wisconsin ESPN Rise Gatorade Football Player of the Year. Whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  According to the ESPN recruiting site:

Ben Erickson, WR 6-1 180 Greendale H.S. (WI)

It says he is also being looked at by Wisconsin, and that he was the 2008 Wisconsin ESPN Rise Gatorade Football Player of the Year. Whatever that means.
                  Got it...thanks for the find!

Comment

Sounds like we lost the Jirik kid to the runner up in the Border Battle Game

Comment

Sounds like we lost the Jirik kid to the runner up in the Border Battle Game
                      Thanks for the update.

Comment

Sounds like we lost the Jirik kid to the two-time defending runner up in the Border Battle Game
                        Fixed it for you (grrrrr).

According to a BisonMedia blog, NDSU's coaches told Dusty Lotzer that there were four QBs ahead of him so no offer yet - he'll definitely get one somewhere.

Comment

It seems even with our success against the Bison and 3rd place finish in the MVC it's rare we win a recruiting battle with the Bison. Stig and his ability to connect with recruits can only carry us so far. The facility enhancements can't get here soon enough! Obviously we continue to get good players, but it's not easy.

Comment

I'm not trying to be a homer here or sound cheesey, but I think tradition plays a role in recruiting too. Stig is a solid coach and your facilities are coming along but I don't think SDSU has anywhere near the tradition NDSU has. I think your coming along nicely and winning a conf. champ. last year and beating us twice in a row, which means you won in Fargo finally, shows your headed in the right direction. You've surely proven lately, against us anyway, that it's not how the individual athletes on the field play, it's the team.

Comment

I'd say it's not that much different.
                              I'm sure the Bison would have loved to land some of the recruits that chose SDSU over NDSU.

Kyle Minnet, Thomas O'Brien, & this year Alex Parker come to mind. I'm sure there are others on our roster as well that other posters might remember.

I believe the Bison have more schollies to offer this year than the Jacks as well. Which means they can go out and offer to a recruit before SDSU has a chance to because we have to wait for other players to fall into place.

Comment

We didn't even have scholarship offers to these kids..... I know that facilities will help but I think when somebody comes into your house and says your going to go to school for free, when stig comes in and says well maybe next year you can earn a scholarship..... i think this year has to do more with the lack of scholarships in this class....

Comment

Working...
                                X