Wyoming axes Joe Glenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming axes Joe Glenn

Wyoming made official today what has been rumored for a long time: football coach Joe Glenn was terminated. For the official Wyoming story, go here.

Re: Wyoming axes Joe Glenn

Could a job at UNC be opening up? You have to think after a one win season Downing is wondering.

Comment

THANK GOD Wyoming axed Glenn.

I met Scott Downing years ago. I think he'll survive another year at UNC. BTW, this is his second year there.

Comment

I wonder who WY will be going after; I know the fans were not happy at all this season.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Ted Gilmore (former WR for UW in 1988 & 89; also was an assistant at UW in mid-90s)
          Dave Christensen (OC at Missouri)
          John L. Smith
          Gary Barnett

There are others but those are the four main ones.

Comment

Do you suppose USD has given Joe a call? Not sure where they would put him but he is a huge supporter of coyote athletics.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This probably means SDSU grad Mike Breske is unemployed as well. He was the defensive co-ordinator for Joe Glenn. I guess the win over Tennessee was not enough to save these jobs.

Comment

I think his fate was sealed before that game. TN was in a down year so the win wasn't going to have the pull that it would have in other years.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  I think his fate was sealed before that game. TN was in a down year so the win wasn't going to have the pull that it would have in other years.
                  I think you were right. I happened to tune in a bit of the Wyo-UNLV game and the commentators mentioned the win over Tennessee, and they thinking that it might have save their jobs, but who knows. I suppose the president of Wyoming knew better and could he have been impressed with the squeaker win over NDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                    THANK GOD Wyoming axed Glenn.

I met Scott Downing years ago. I think he'll survive another year at UNC. BTW, this is his second year there.
                    Actually, I believe Downing just finished his third season at UNC. With a record of something like 3-31 during his time there, I would think his seat is en fuego.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Whoever they pick, I wish them luck. You have to root for Wyo, given all of the built-in disadvantages they have.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Whoever they pick, I wish them luck. You have to root for Wyo, given all of the built-in disadvantages they have.
                        And we have a few!!!! Trust me!!!!

Comment

A dedicated fan base is not one of the problems for Wyo. I was at the WNIT game where SDSU lost to Wyoming. Arena Auditorium was about as loud as a gym can get for that one.

My wife got her M.A. at Wyo. Been there many times. Always enjoy Laramie, although the altitude usually makes me a little ill for a couple days.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by OKC_Poke View Post
                            Ted Gilmore (former WR for UW in 1988 & 89; also was an assistant at UW in mid-90s)
                            Dave Christensen (OC at Missouri)
                            John L. Smith
                            Gary Barnett

There are others but those are the four main ones.
                            OKC Poke, are you serious about Barnett or just speculating? That would be quite the hire. He is a very good coach, kind of got a raw deal in Boulder due to an out of control media, horrific President and the crazy aptmosphere at CU. If Wyoming could get Barnett on board that would be interesting. Instant credibility in Laramie.

As for Glenn, how about NDSU? I see a couple folks on BV are talking up a Rocky return to replace Bohl after going 6-5 . Course, I still think UNC has some alumni wondering if it isn't time.

Comment

Rumors are that Barnett is a favorite for the job. I'm hoping for Ted Gilmore but some fans want a big-name coach to come in and win NOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X