Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POST defeats U

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
    As far as the indoor football thing, I think SDSU would benefit greatly if they had an indoor facility similar to the one in Fargo. It would be able to accommodate the large crowds and the attendance would be much higher at the end of the year. As a student at SDSU, I don't want to wake up earlier then I have to on a Saturday to go to a game when its freezing cold outside and I know tons of students agree with me.
    This is a prevalent attitude for students and CASUAL fans. What we need to DEVELOP is that PASSIONATE, DEDICATED FAN, that after graduation, keeps coming back for games, especially NOV. games. Should we qualify for the play-offs, we are going to be hard pressed to get home games, because we can't demonstrate that we can draw a large crowd of SDSU FANS.

Comment

As far as the indoor football thing, I think SDSU would benefit greatly if they had an indoor facility similar to the one in Fargo. It would be able to accommodate the large crowds and the attendance would be much higher at the end of the year. As a student at SDSU, I don't want to wake up earlier then I have to on a Saturday to go to a game when its freezing cold outside and I know tons of students agree with me.
      This young man is a Coyote fan. Unfortunate for him but without guys like him we wouldn't really appreciate how well we have it. Stay in your dorm room and cheer for the yotes. We don't generally encourage sissies to be Jackrabbit fans.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        This young man is a Coyote fan. Unfortunate for him but without guys like him we wouldn't really appreciate how well we have it. Stay in your dorm room and cheer for the yotes. We don't generally encourage sissies to be Jackrabbit fans.
        I went to every game except for the last one. I didn't say Domes are better cause I would much rather watch football outside when its nice. But at the end of they year there are tons of students that would be at the games but aren't because of the weather.

You guys act as if that statement is the most shocking thing ever. Look at the student section as the year progresses. Except for next year against NDSU. That game should be awesome and full like last year.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
          For a SDSU student you sure talk up the Uperiods...uhmmmm, uhhhmmm, uuhhhhhmm.
          I'm from that area. Grew up watching the Uperiods.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            First rule in life, football is an outdoors sport. The day SDSU chooses the NDSU, UNI, UND, USD route would be a very sad day. Even the Gophers have figured that out.

Now, as for cold days and getting up early. Noon is too early? And you live in the upper midwest not Florida or AZ. If I had to guess getting up early to go hunting or to class isn't an issue, why would getting up early and going to a football game to watch a team fighting for a conference championship not be worth it?
            Noon is early when you're out late the night before.

I love gams at CAS. I'm not going to lie, the experience is much better than the one at USD. But I also live in the dorms and its pretty easy to tell if a game is going to be well attended. When a game isn't going to be well attended it sucks going and being part of a crowd that won't cheer (a lot of SDSU students don't cheer) and one thats not very full. I'm a USD fan and I cheer louder than a lot of the other fans on Saturday's (stab me now, haha). When a game is going to be basically empty and no one is going to cheer you'll have hard time convincing me to go to the game.

Comment

When a game is going to be basically empty and no one is going to cheer you'll have hard time convincing me to go to the game.
              Now that is what I call a casual fan...I would sit in an empty stadium watching practice during a sleet storm if my job would allow it.

Edit that...I have sat in Coughlin during a sleet storm watching practice because my job allowed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                Now that is what I call a casual fan...I would sit in an empty stadium watching practice during a sleet storm if my job would allow it.

Edit that...I have sat in Coughlin during a sleet storm watching practice because my job allowed it.
                That's all I am. Notice my screen name. I don't claim to be anything different.

Comment

Anyone that things the Coyotes Mens team is in any better situation then the Jacks is smoking something.... The only difference is the Jacks are looking up..... USD lost to a D-II team and that is a team with 3 D-I transfers (2 Missouri Valley and 1 Mountain West)and is gaining 1 at semester.... You haven't beat SDSU out for a recruit yet even though they try to make it sound like they did with both Krogman and Tetzloff, and they graduate there post this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    Anyone that things the Coyotes Mens team is in any better situation then the Jacks is smoking something.... The only difference is the Jacks are looking up..... USD lost to a D-II team and that is a team with 3 D-I transfers (2 Missouri Valley and 1 Mountain West)and is gaining 1 at semester.... You haven't beat SDSU out for a recruit yet even though they try to make it sound like they did with both Krogman and Tetzloff, and they graduate there post this year.....

Who is graduating what post. If you are talking about Tyler Cain he is not graduating until after next season. It's not very hard to beat SDSU out of any recruit. There is nothing about the SDSU program that would inspire a recruit to come there. I would rather go to a program like USD who at least has a chance at success than the gauranteed failure that they would be joining in Brookings, unless they consider smelling manuer a success. Typical conversation with a recruit up in Brooking. "Yah I am thinking of a couple of different options including SDSU, can you give me more information". "Well up here in Brookings we have a good tradition of winning Jackrabbit Basketball". "What did you say your name was"? "Jackrabbits". "Uhhhh Jackrabbits, no thanks I am out of here".
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      Who is graduating what post. If you are talking about Tyler Cain he is not graduating until after next season. It's not very hard to beat SDSU out of any recruit. There is nothing about the SDSU program that would inspire a recruit to come there. I would rather go to a program like USD who at least has a chance at success than the gauranteed failure that they would be joining in Brookings, unless they consider smelling manuer a success. Typical conversation with a recruit up in Brooking. "Yah I am thinking of a couple of different options including SDSU, can you give me more information". "Well up here in Brookings we have a good tradition of winning Jackrabbit Basketball". "What did you say your name was"? "Jackrabbits". "Uhhhh Jackrabbits, no thanks I am out of here".
                      Oh, your right...this sounds much better:

"Here at USD you can come play in the Vermillion High School gym when the SD high school football playoffs are going on. It really isn't as bad as it sounds and if your lucky, some hot high school girls will come watch you play. And recently we got beat by a D-II team no one has ever heard of (Post) but just last night we beat NAIA powerhouse Graceland University by a huge 12 points."

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Oh, your right...this sounds much better:

"Here at USD you can come play in the Vermillion High School gym when the SD high school football playoffs are going on. It really isn't as bad as it sounds and if your lucky, some hot high school girls will come watch you play. And recently we got beat by a D-II team no one has ever heard of (Post) but just last night we beat NAIA powerhouse Graceland University by a huge 12 points."
                        Should read "Here at USD you can come play in Vermillion High School gym when you are so fortunate that the SD high school football playoffs are going on, otherwise you have to play in the Dump. ..."

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I'm not aware of USD beating SDSU out of a single recruit that was being actively pursued. If anything, the opposite might be true. If this year's USD men's team wasn't bolstered by D-1 transfer-downs who wanted to play at a lower level, the Coyotes would stink. That probably will be the case in another year or two. No exceptional players will be coming to Vermillion for the next few years.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            I'm not aware of USD beating SDSU out of a single recruit that was being actively pursued.
                            That's a shame that you guys didn't try to pursue Louie. From what I've seen of SDSU's point guards he would be the best point guard on SDSU's roster.

If anything, the opposite might be true.
                            Really?

If this year's USD men's team wasn't bolstered by D-1 transfer-downs who wanted to play at a lower level, the Coyotes would stink.
                            If this year's SDSU's men's team was bolstered by anyone they might beat jugger-naught Upper Iowa by more then 4 points. 5 years since becoming a D1 team.

That probably will be the case in another year or two. No exceptional players will be coming to Vermillion for the next few years.
                            Why? Will they all be flooding to Brookings because of the whooping the Jacks will be putting on their Summit League opponents?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Should read "Here at USD you can come play in Vermillion High School gym when you are so fortunate that the SD high school football playoffs are going on, otherwise you have to play in the Dump. ..."
                              Here at SDSU, you might be able to get to 3 conference wins this year! But at least we have a conference!!! We might not win a game, but we have one!!! And after 5 years of going down-hill in basketball, this might actually be our year. Want proof? We just beat Upper Iowa by 4 points. At home. Who knows, we might actually make it to double digit victories this year.

Comment

RO, your going to lose this one so get out why you still have some ego...How did a full fledge mangy mutt end up going to school at SDSU...

CALL OUT TO ALL SDSU STUDENTS.

Mangy mutt seen on campus, does not have rabies yet, approach with caution (might have fleas), capture and take over to the secret ("Blue & Yellow) pond behind Vet. Science.

Dip this mutt in the pond for one hour, fluff dry and tie to chair for some serious reprograming.

P.S.
                                Please keep the rest of us updated if more proffesional tecniques are needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X