Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

When it comes to close games there will always be those who look for others to point the finger at. As an NDSU grad and die-hard Bison fan, I too found myself looking at some of the calls that went against us, but then I reminded myself that we flat out missed two field goals that had nothing to do with the officials or SDSU. We left six points on the field because of our own doing; no one else to blame. SDSU was the better team this year, but if we take care of our own business, we win the game. Oh well, that was the story of our whole season. It happens.

There is a thread on the Women's Basketball board entitled "NCAA Screw Job" so I would hesitate to start pointing fingers at NDSU for thread topics. The Jack women had one helluva run, and I was behind them the whole way. I would have loved to see them advance further. Questionable calls? Sure. But if they take care of their own business--missed layups and freethrows--then those calls do not matter. No smack intended here whatsoever. But to label everyone as whiners and criers is asinine. Every institution has some--XXSU's included.

I have roamed the boards for a while now, and there are some posters on both sides that just make a person shake their head and wish they were from somewhere else. Best of luck to the Jacks. I root for you guys when you aren't playing the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by nells View Post
      There is a thread on the Women's Basketball board entitled "NCAA Screw Job" so I would hesitate to start pointing fingers at NDSU for thread topics.
      Might want to read that thread.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Might want to read that thread.
        I have. While the first post may have intended for one thing, it sure didn't stay there. Most people took it a different direction--the officiating being the "screw job." Do you disagree with that?

I already said there was no smack intended whatsoever with my post.

Comment

SDSU was the better team this year, but if we take care of our own business, we win the game. Oh well, that was the story of our whole season. It happens.
          nells: I see the main point of your post about some SDSU fans griping about refs in the Baylor game. I pick at the above portion of your post. I disagree with the "we (NDSU) take care of business and we (NDSU) win the game." If SDSU eliminated some of its mistakes in that same game, the Jackrabbit margin of victory grows. If Berry stayed in the game, the score would have approached lopsided.

Comment

I have. While the first post may have intended for one thing, it sure didn't stay there. Most people took it a different direction--the officiating being the "screw job." Do you disagree with that?

I already said there was no smack intended whatsoever with my post.
            Got ya. You and UTH are right, there is a parallel here. We mocked some NDSU fans who were whining about the officiating in the Dakota Marker game. That was certainly not the majority of NDSU fans. But there was a significant minority complaining and saying that SDSU would not have won without the disputed calls going our way.

And in our "screw job" thread, there are some SDSU fans who believe the officials cost us the game at Baylor. Others don't (that was the only reason I suggested you read the thread.)

If I see where you're going, I guess I'd have to agree. There is irony there. I'm happier when nobody is complaining about the officials. I don't think the officials "cost" NDSU the marker. And I don't think the officials stole the Baylor game. NDSU had chances to win in Fargo. And we had our chances to win in Lubbock. At some point, the officials (and their errors, too) are just another part of the game. Players have to make plays. Baylor's guard Griffin made a great play. Ryan Berry made a series of great plays. That's football/basketball.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
            X